Weight Watchers Saffron Rice Recipe
Weight Watchers Saffron Rice Recipe.
A Indian side dish that’s quick and easy, and ready in 25 minutes.
Gluten Free, and Vegetarian.
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 3 Blue Plan and 5 Green Plan
3 WW Freestyle Points and 5 Smart Points.
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. Please consult a doctor before changing your eating habits.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Weight Watchers Saffron Rice
- In ½ cup of boiling water, add saffron powder, and steep.
- Over medium/high heat, melt butter in a skillet
- Stir in the salt and rice.
- Stir and cook until the rice becomes opaque. Don't let it get brown.
- Add 1½ cup boiling water and the prepared saffron water.
- Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook the rice for approx 20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
You May Also Like:
- 21 Weight Watchers Chicken and Rice Recipes
- Quick Weight Watchers Veggie Burger
- Weight Watchers Chicken Casserole Recipes
- Best Weight Watchers Salmon Recipes
- 21 Weight Watchers Chicken Stir-Fry Recipes
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!