Weight Watchers Corn and Crab Bisque Recipe
Weight Watchers Corn and Crab Bisque.
A comfort food soup!
What is a bisque? A bisque is a hearty soup with a cream base.
This is a lighter Weight Watchers Friendly version where we use part milk and part half-and-half.
Cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper, bay leaves, and garlic.
This easy bisque makes a great appetizer, lunch, or dinner.
Only 219 calories, and it has 14.4 grams of protein!
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 6 Blue Plan and 7 Green Plan,
6 WW Freestyle Points and 7 Smart Points.
We have more Weight Watchers Soup Recipes here,
more Weight Watchers Seafood Recipes here,
and more Weight Watchers Comfort Food Recipes here!
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. We just like creating healthier recipe options. We do not give any advice on diet or eating habits. Please consult a doctor before changing your diet.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
Don’t have a Food Processor? This is the one we use, and recommend:
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Weight Watchers Corn and Crab Bisque
- ¼ cup butter
- ¾ cup onion chopped
- 3 cans (14 oz each) chicken broth
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 ears corn kernels cut from cob
- ½ cup half-and-half
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 16 oz fresh lump crabmeat
- In a soup pot, add butter.
- Over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add onion, stir and cook until translucent.
- Add in broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add Cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper, bay leaves, salt, pepper, garlic and corn. Stir to mix.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Take out 1 cup of the soup and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- In a food processor, add the 1 cup of soup and half-and-half. Puree for 40 seconds. Set aside for later.
- In a small mixing bowl, add milk and flour. Stir to mix.
- Add slowly stir in to the soup.
- Simmer and stir constantly for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the pureed soup. Stir to mix
- Reduce the heat to low. Add in crab, stir to mix.
- Heat soup approx 5 minutes or until heated through.
You May Also Like:
- Quick Weight Watchers Chicken Nachos
- Weight Watchers Chicken Sausage Calzones
- Baked Weight Watchers Vegetable Wontons
- Easy Chocolate Fudge Cookies (Weight Watchers)
- Weight Watchers Beef and Potato Empanadas
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!