Weight Watchers German Red Cabbage Recipe
Weight Watchers German Red Cabbage Recipe. This dish is quick and easy, and ready in 30 minutes. Made with butter, onion, apple, red cabbage, sugar, vinegar, cloves, red wine, and cornstarch.
German red cabbage is a staple in German cuisine. It can be eaten as either an accompaniment to meat dishes or on its own. This healthy vegetable tastes sweet and tangy at the same time.
A great side for brats, pork roast, pork chops, or roasted chicken.
Gluten free and Vegetarian.
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 8 Green Plan,
8 Smart Points.
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. We just like creating healthier recipe options. We do not give any advice on diet or eating habits. Please consult a doctor before changing your diet.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
If you make this recipe, comment below with what your Personal Points came to so others can see the range of points.
Weight Watchers German Red Cabbage
- In a saucepan, add butter, onion, and apple.
- Over medium heat, cook until soft.
- Stir in cabbage.
- Add in sugar, vinegar, wine, and cloves. Stir to mix
- Cover and cook approx 12 minutes or until the cabbage is tender.
- Add cornstarch, and a little water if needed to thicken the sauce. Simmer until the sauce becomes smooth.
You May Also Like:
- Easy Weight Watchers Homemade Mocha
- Weight Watchers Cheesy Cheddar Broccoli Frittata
- Healthy Vegetarian Weight Watchers Kale Soup
- Weight Watchers Roasted Squash and Carrots
- Weight Watchers Chicken Fingers (and Barbecue Sauce)
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!