Weight Watchers Hearty Yankee Pot Roast Recipe
Weight Watchers Hearty Yankee Pot Roast Recipe made with lean boneless bottom round rump roast, black pepper, salt, onions, water, onion soup mix, balsamic vinegar, dried thyme, red potatoes, baby carrots, and fresh parsley.
This is a delicious comfort food dinner that the whole family will love. It also makes great leftovers for lunch the next day!
This meal is perfect for those cold winter days when you need that extra bit of warmth. It doesn’t matter if it’s raining outside or snowing, this dish will make your heart warm. So gather up the whole family and enjoy a hearty dinner together tonight!
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 9 Blue Plan, and 9 Green Plan,
9 WW Freestyle Points and 9 Smart Points.
What is Bottom Round Rump Roast
A bottom round rump roast is a type of cut of meat that comes from the cow’s hindquarters. It is often sold in both whole and half portions, with the latter being most common. Bottom round is typically roasted, but it can also be braised or used to make corned beef.
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass. The Points Glass Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares
Fun but practical! The measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces.
Don’t have a Dutch Oven? This is the one we use, and recommend. They have a big color selection!
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Weight Watchers Yankee Pot Roast
- 1 spray nonstick cooking spray
- 40 oz lean boneless bottom round rump roast well trimmed
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 large onions sliced
- 1¾ cup water
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 1½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 8 medium red potatoes scrubbed and quartered
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Prepare oven by moving the rack to the lowest position
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare a dutch oven by spraying with cooking spray
- Place prepared dutch oven on the stove at medium/high heat.
- Season pot roast with sat and pepper
- Put pot roast in dutch oven and add onions
- Cook to brown roast and onions, stirring the onions occasionally and turning the roast to brown all sides. Approx 8 minutes.
- In the dutch oven, add water, vinegar, soup mix, and thyme. Stir to mix
- Bring to a boil
- In preheated oven, place dutch oven with the lid on. Bake 1½ hours.
- Add carrots and potatoes. Bake an additional 2 hours or until the meat is done and vegetables are tender.
- Take 1 cooked potato out and place in the blender and puree.
- Add pureed potato to the juice in the dutch oven and stir to make a gravy.
- On a cutting board, slice the pot roast into 16 slices, against the grain.
- Garnish with parsley
You May Also Like:
- Easy Weight Watchers Vegetable Calzone
- 25 Weight Watchers Crockpot Chicken Recipes
- Easy WW Friendly Philly Cheese Steak
- Ginger Pork Shiitake Dumplings (Weight Watchers)
- Weight Watchers Vegetarian Omelet