Weight Watchers Hearty Yankee Pot Roast Recipe
Weight Watchers Hearty Yankee Pot Roast Recipe made with lean boneless bottom round rump roast, black pepper, salt, onions, water, onion soup mix, balsamic vinegar, dried thyme, red potatoes, baby carrots, and fresh parsley.
This is a delicious comfort food dinner that the whole family will love. It also makes great leftovers for lunch the next day!
This meal is perfect for those cold winter days when you need that extra bit of warmth. It doesn’t matter if it’s raining outside or snowing, this dish will make your heart warm. So gather up the whole family and enjoy a hearty dinner together tonight!
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 9 Blue Plan, and 9 Green Plan,
9 WW Freestyle Points and 9 Smart Points.
What is Bottom Round Rump Roast
A bottom round rump roast is a type of cut of meat that comes from the cow’s hindquarters. It is often sold in both whole and half portions, with the latter being most common. Bottom round is typically roasted, but it can also be braised or used to make corned beef.
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. We just like creating healthier recipe options. We do not give any advice on diet or eating habits. Please consult a doctor before changing your diet.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Don’t have a Dutch Oven? This is the one we use, and recommend. They have a big color selection!
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
If you make this recipe, comment below with what your Personal Points came to so others can see the range of points.
Weight Watchers Yankee Pot Roast
- 1 spray nonstick cooking spray
- 40 oz lean boneless bottom round rump roast well trimmed
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 large onions sliced
- 1¾ cup water
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 1½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 8 medium red potatoes scrubbed and quartered
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Prepare oven by moving the rack to the lowest position
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare a dutch oven by spraying with cooking spray
- Place prepared dutch oven on the stove at medium/high heat.
- Season pot roast with sat and pepper
- Put pot roast in dutch oven and add onions
- Cook to brown roast and onions, stirring the onions occasionally and turning the roast to brown all sides. Approx 8 minutes.
- In the dutch oven, add water, vinegar, soup mix, and thyme. Stir to mix
- Bring to a boil
- In preheated oven, place dutch oven with the lid on. Bake 1½ hours.
- Add carrots and potatoes. Bake an additional 2 hours or until the meat is done and vegetables are tender.
- Take 1 cooked potato out and place in the blender and puree.
- Add pureed potato to the juice in the dutch oven and stir to make a gravy.
- On a cutting board, slice the pot roast into 16 slices, against the grain.
- Garnish with parsley
You May Also Like:
- Weight Watchers Tomato Salad with Grilled Italian Bread
- Weight Watchers Strawberry Vanilla Protein Shake
- Best Tuna Salad Lettuce Wrap (Weight Watchers)
- Best Grilled French Toast (Weight Watchers)
- Easy Homemade Weight Watchers Tomato Sauce