Weight Watchers Homemade Apple Butter Recipe
Weight Watchers Homemade Apple Butter Recipe. It’s fall, and that means it’s time to start getting ready for apple season. I love the crisp scent of apples and cinnamon in my home as they fill the house with warmth during this cold autumn weather.
A delicious Fall recipe made with only 5 ingredients: Apples, sugar, ground cinnamon, ground cloves, and salt. You will make this in the Slow Cooker, so it.s super easy to make. There’s quite a bit of sugar, so don’t go crazy. A serving size is 1 tablespoon. MyWW Points: 2 Green Plan, 2 Smart Points.
What is Apple Butter
Apple Butter recipe that is perfect for snacking on or spreading onto your favorite toast! Apple butter is a sweet spread made by cooking apples in sugar and spices.
It can be classified as a fruit preserve or jam, but it’s not the same as apple jelly. This apple butter does not have pectin that jellies do, which means that it doesn’t set up quite so well, but this difference also gives it its distinctive taste.
Once it cools, it sets up nicely for storing in jars or serving as needed at your breakfast table.
We have more Weight Watchers Apple Recipes here
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass. The Points Glass Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares
Fun but practical! The measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces.
- Don’t have a Slow Cooker? This is the one we use, and recommend:
Crock-Pot Large 8 Quart Programmable Slow Cooker with Auto Warm Setting and Cookbook
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Weight Watchers Apple Butter
- In a slow cooker, add apples.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add sugar, cloves, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to mix well
- Add sugar mixture on top of apples. Stir to mix well
- Place cover on slow cooker, and set to HIGH.
- Cook for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat setting to LOW
- Cook and stir occasionally an additional 9-11 hours or until the apple butter is dark brown in color and has thickened.
- Remove the lid and cook an additional 1 hour.
- Using a whisk, stir to make apple butter smoother.
- In sterile jars or containers with lids,, spoon in apple butter.
- Refrigerate or freeze
You May Also Like:
- Easy WW Friendly Philly Cheese Steak
- Ginger Pork Shiitake Dumplings (Weight Watchers)
- Weight Watchers Vegetarian Omelet
- Weight Watchers Shrimp Recipes
- Cloud Eggs with Cheese and Herb