Weight Watchers Fish and Chips Recipe
Weight Watchers Fish and Chips Recipe. Do you love fish and chips? Well, I do too! That’s why I’m so excited to share this recipe.
It’s perfect for the whole family, even if they’re not on Weight Watchers like me. This recipe is one of my favorite dishes I’ve ever made because it tastes just like the real thing but without all the fat and calories that come with a typical order at a restaurant.
Fish and Chips are a quintessential British dish. The origin of this dish is not entirely known, but many believe it was first made in Great Britain during the 19th century. Unfortunately, this dish can quickly add on pounds with all that oil used in it’s cooking process. Luckily, we have a healthier alternative for those who still want to enjoy their favorite meal without feeling guilty afterwards!
How is this version healthier? It’s baked, not fried! Made with made with fat-free buttermilk, fish fillets, potatoes, paprika, salt, black pepper, Pam cooking spray, cornmeal, old bay seasoning, and egg whites.
This recipe also includes homemade tarter sauce made of fat-free mayonnaise, scallions, unsweetened pickles, and lemon juice.
The whole family will love this meal so you don’t have to make separate meals. It is definitely kid friendly. Great for lunch or dinner.
I hope you enjoy our healthier version of Fish and Chips!
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 9 Green Plan,
9 Smart Points.
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. We just like creating healthier recipe options. We do not give any advice on diet or eating habits. Please consult a doctor before changing your diet.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
If you make this recipe, comment below with what your Personal Points came to so others can see the range of points.
Weight Watchers Fish and Chips
- In a ziploc bag, add buttermilk. Add fish, and flip to coat.
- Place in the refrigerator to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes. Flip the bag every once in a while
- Preheat oven to 425° F
- Prepare 2 cookie sheets by lining with aluminum foil. Place a baking rack in 1 of the lined pans. Spray the other lined cookie sheet with olive oil flavored nonstick cooking spray.
- On the sprayed cookie sheet, add potatoes in a single layer.
- Spray potatoes with olive oil flavored nonstick cooking spray
- Season with ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp black pepper, and ½ tsp paprika.
- In preheated oven, bake potatoes for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a pie pan or shallow dish, add cornmeal, Old Bay, ¼ tsp black pepper, and ¼ tsp salt. Stir to mix well.
- In another pie pan or shallow dish, add egg whites and using a whisk, whisk until frothy.
- Remove fish from marinade and discard the marinade
- Dip the fish in the egg whites, flip to coat both sides. Gently shake off excess and dip in cornmeal mix.
- Place fish on wax paper.
- Spray both sides of the fish with nonstick cooking spray, then place on the cookie sheet with the rack. Repeat for the rest of the fish
- In preheated oven, bake approx 15 minutes or until fish is golden brown, and opaque in the center.
For the Tarter Sauce:
- In the meantime, in a small mixing bowl, add mayonnaise, pickle, scallion, and lemon juice. Stir to mix well
You May Also Like:
- Easy Weight Watchers Homemade Mocha
- Weight Watchers Cheesy Cheddar Broccoli Frittata
- Healthy Vegetarian Weight Watchers Kale Soup
- Weight Watchers Roasted Squash and Carrots
- Weight Watchers Chicken Fingers (and Barbecue Sauce)
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!