Weight Watchers Hunan Shrimp Recipe
Weight Watchers Hunan Shrimp Recipe.
A quick and easy Chinese dinner with shrimp, chicken broth, chili garlic sauce, black bean sauce, soy sauce, onion, ginger, red and green bell pepper, asparagus, and brown rice.
An easily customizable meal.
Add your favorite protein or vegetable. Bok Choy is a great option.
Break out the wok and this healthy, Asian recipe is ready in 30 minutes.
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 5 Blue Plan and 7 Green Plan,
5 WW Freestyle Points, and 7 Smart Points.
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. We just like creating healthier recipe options. We do not give any advice on diet or eating habits. Please consult a doctor before changing your diet.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
If you make this recipe, comment below with what your Personal Points came to so others can see the range of points.
Weight Watchers Hunan Shrimp
- 1 lb medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp (plus 2 tsp) cornstarch divided
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp black bean sauce
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 onion cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger minced peeled
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and cut into thin strips
- ½ lb asparagus trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups brown rice cooked
- In a medium mixing bowl, add shrimp and 1 tablespoon of cornstarch. Toss to coat. Set aside for later.
- In a small mixing bowl add chicken broth, chili-garlic sauce, black bean sauce, soy sauce, and 2 tablespoons of cornstarch. Stir to mix well. Set aside for later.
- Over medium/high heat, heat a wok until water will sizzle.
- Add 2 teaspoons of canola oil and swirl to coat the wok.
- Add shrimp and stir-fry approx 3 minutes or until the shrimp just turns opaque. Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Add 1 teaspoon of canola oil and swirl to coat wok.
- Add onion and ginger. Stir-fry approx 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add asparagus, and bell pepper. Stir-fry approx 2 minutes or until tender and crisp.
- Add shrimp and chicken broth mixture.
- Cook and stir continuously approx 1 minute or until the liquid boils and thickens.
- Serve over brown rice.
You May Also Like:
- Weight Watchers Easy Decadent Truffles (No Bake)
- Quick Air-Fryer Brussels Sprouts (Weight Watchers)
- Weight Watchers French Toast Banana Casserole
- Easy Air Fryer Turkey Breast (Weight Watchers)
- Low Calorie Chicken Breast Recipes – 150 Calories or Less
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!