Weight Watchers Indian Basmati Rice Recipe
Weight Watchers Indian Basmati Rice Recipe.
An easy, Vegetarian and Gluten Free, side dish recipe with Indian flavors.
Made with Basmati rice, cardamon, cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon sticks, and onion.
This stove top recipe is ready in 45 minutes.
It doesn’t have a super strong flavor, so if you like full flavor, you can kick up the spices a bit.
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 7 Green Plan,
7 Smart Points.
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. Please consult a doctor before changing your eating habits.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Weight Watchers Indian Basmati Rice
- In a mixing bowl, add rice and cover with water. Let soak for 20 minutes..
- In a large saucepan, add vegetable oil, and heat over medium heat.
- Add cardamom, cumin seeds, cloves, and cinnamon stick.
- Cook while stirring for approx 1 minute.
- Add onion and saute approx 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Using a colander, drain the water off of the rice.
- Add rice into the saucepan.
- Stir and cook rice until it's lightly toasted, just a few minutes.
- Add salt and 2½ cups of water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for approx 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Keep an eye on it, it may take less time. If you overcook, it may be mushy.
- Let rice stand for approx 5 minutes.
- Using a fork, fluff rice.
You May Also Like:
- 21 Weight Watchers Chicken Appetizer Recipes
- 21 Weight Watchers Chicken and Rice Recipes
- Quick Weight Watchers Veggie Burger
- Weight Watchers Chicken Casserole Recipes
- Best Weight Watchers Salmon Recipes
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!