Weight Watchers Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
Weight Watchers Shepherd’s Pie Recipe. This classic Irish dinner is made with a healthy twist, swapping out high-fat beef for lean ground turkey breast and adding in plenty of vegetables for extra nutrition.
The star of the dish, however, is the creamy, fluffy mashed potato topping. Made with a secret ingredient that adds richness and flavor without adding any extra fat or calories, these potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to the savory turkey filling.
You can easily customize this recipe to your taste by adding your favorite vegetable, such as peas, as shown below. Adjust your points for any variations.
Whether you’re feeding a family or meal prepping for the week ahead, comfort food meal is a must-try.
Not only is it delicious and satisfying, but it’s also packed with protein, fiber, and other essential nutrients that will keep you feeling full and energized for hours.
So go ahead, indulge in a cozy and comforting dish without any guilt, thanks to this healthy and flavorful recipe that only has 275 calories.
Weight Watchers Points
4 Points (2022/2023 Plan)
MyWW Points: 5 Blue Plan and 7 Green Plan
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass. The Points Glass Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares
Fun but practical! The measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Weight Watchers Shepherd’s Pie
- 2 large potatoes peeled and cut to 2 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp margarine – reduced-calorie
- ¼ cup sour cream – non-fat
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 ribs celery diced
- 2 medium carrots diced
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- In a large saucepan, add potatoes. Add water to cover potatoes. Over high heat, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, add potatoes, margarine, and sour cream. Mash potatoes until smooth. Season with salt to taste. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium/high heat. Add celery, carrots, and onion. Cook approx 3 minutes until soft.
- Add in turkey. Cook and break up turkey approx 5 minutes until browned.
- Add thyme, rosemary, flour, salt and pepper. Mix to coat.
- Add broth. Bring to a simmer, then continue to simmer approx 3 minutes until mixture thickens.
- In a 9 inch deep dish pie plate, add mixture.
- Evenly spread mashed potatoes on top.
- In preheated oven, bake approx 30 minutes until potatoes are golden.
- Cut into 6 servings.
You May Also Like:
- Weight Watchers Classic Ginger Cookies
- Weight Watchers Turkish Lentil Soup
- Weight Watchers Cinnamon Sweet Potato Fries
- Weight Watchers Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
- 10 Weight Watchers Hot Chocolate Recipes
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!