Weight Watchers Southwest Breakfast Burritos Recipe
Weight Watchers Southwest Breakfast Burritos Recipe.
An American invention with Mexican elements.
This tasty breakfast is filled with pork sausage, eggs, red onion, tomato, cilantro, taco seasoning, cheddar cheese, and jalapenos.
The recipe makes 20 burritos, but the servings can be adjusted for more or less.
We’ve included freezing and reheating instructions for a great freezer breakfast.
Fill the freezer with your favorite burritos for a quick and easy breakfast.
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points 8 Green Plan,
8 Smart Points.
Personal Points will vary based on your individual plan.
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass. The Points Glass Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares
Fun but practical! The measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces.
How to Freeze Breakfast Burritos
The most important step: Allow the ingredients to fully cool. If the ingredients are still hot, the burrito will be soggy.
Place Cheese First
When building the burrito, place the cheese first to create a barrier between the other ingredients and the tortilla.
Freeze Separately First
Place the burritos on a cookie sheet, and place in the freezer. Leave for a couple of hours. This prevents them from freezing together.
Place in Freezer Bag
Put the burritos in a freezer bag.
How to Reheat
Place on a cookie sheet and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 13 to 16 minutes, or until heated through, or microwave for 2 to 4 minutes, or until heated through.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Weight Watchers Southwest Breakfast Burritos
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together milk, salt, and eggs.
- In a large skillet over medium/high heat, add butter and melt.
- In the skillet, add egg mix, stir and cook approx 5 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Using a spatula, break up the eggs to bite sized pieces.
- Transfer eggs to a bowl and save for later.
- In the large skillet, over medium heat, add garlic and pork sausage.
- Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add onion, stir and cook until the pork sausage is browned evenly and crumbly.
- Using a colander, drain grease off of sausage.
- In the mixing bowl with the eggs, add pork sausage, tomato, cilantro, taco seasoning, and jalapeno (if using). Stir to mix well.
- Place tortilla on a flat surface, place cheese on the tortilla approx 2 inches from the bottom, then place egg mixture on top of cheese.
- Fold the bottom up around the filling, fold in the right and the left sides. Roll the tortilla to the top completely cover the filling. Repeat with the other 19 tortillas.
1. The most important step: Allow the ingredients to fully cool. If the ingredients are still hot, the burrito will be soggy. 2. When building the burrito, place the cheese first to create a barrier between the other ingredients and the tortilla. 3. Place the burritos on a cookie sheet, and place in the freezer. Leave for a couple of hours. This prevents them from freezing together. 4. Put the burritos in a freezer bag. To Reheat: Place on a cookie sheet and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 13 to 16 minutes, or until heated through, or microwave for 2 to 4 minutes, or until heated through.
You May Also Like:
- Weight Watchers Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
- 10 Weight Watchers Hot Chocolate Recipes
- WW Quick and Easy 3 Ingredient Biscuits
- Weight Watchers Holiday Pfeffernusse Cookies
- 25 Best Weight Watchers Pasta Recipes
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!