Weight Watchers Indian Mulligatawny Soup Recipe
Weight Watchers Indian Mulligatawny Soup Recipe.
A spicy chicken soup that was created in India.
This delicious creamy soup is a great appetizer, or main dish.
Filled with carrots, celery, onion, apple, and rice and seasoned with curry, and thyme.
The perfect comfort food!
Only 223 calories.
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 9 Green Plan,
9 Smart Points.
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. We just like creating healthier recipe options. We do not give any advice on diet or eating habits. Please consult a doctor before changing your diet.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
If you make this recipe, comment below with what your Personal Points came to so others can see the range of points.
Weight Watchers Indian Mulligatawny Soup
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 stalk celery chopped
- 1 carrot diced
- ½ onion chopped
- 1½ tsp curry or to taste
- 1½ tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast cut into cubes
- ¼ cup white rice
- ½ apple cored and chopped
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup heavy cream heated
- In a large soup pot, add butter, celery, carrots, and onions.
- Saute over medium/high heat
- Add curry and flour. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in chicken stock. Stir to mix well.
- Bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add chicken, rice, apple, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Right before serving, add in the heated heavy cream.
You May Also Like:
- Weight Watchers Easy Decadent Truffles (No Bake)
- Quick Air-Fryer Brussels Sprouts (Weight Watchers)
- Weight Watchers French Toast Banana Casserole
- Easy Air Fryer Turkey Breast (Weight Watchers)
- Low Calorie Chicken Breast Recipes – 150 Calories or Less
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!