Weight Watchers Homemade Potato Chips Recipe
Weight Watchers Homemade Potato Chips Recipe.
Classic fried potato chips with only 3 ingredients, potatoes, salt, and oil for frying.
The perfect snack, or side dish.
This kid friendly recipe will be a hit with your family!
No preservatives like the bagged chips.
A good option for school lunch, after school snack, or for your game day party!
This recipe makes 8 servings. I use Ziploc bags and divide the chips into 8 different bags to control how much I eat at one time. Otherwise, I would eat the whole batch.
Vegetarian and Gluten Free.
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 6 Green Plan,
6 WW Smart Points.
We have more Weight Watchers Snack Recipes here,
more Weight Watchers Side Dish Recipes here,
and more Weight Watchers Game Day Recipes here!
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. We just like creating healthier recipe options. We do not give any advice on diet or eating habits. Please consult a doctor before changing your diet.
Points® are a trademark of the WW corporation, double check Points® on their official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
- Don’t have a Deep Fryer? This is the one we use, and recommend:
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Weight Watchers Homemade Potato Chips
- 4 medium potatoes peeled
- 3 tbsp salt
- 1 qt oil for deep frying
- salt (optional) to taste
- Fill a large bowl with cold water
- Slice peeled potatoes thinly, and place slices in the bowl of cold water.
- In a colander, drain water off potatoes
- Return potato slices to the large bowl, and refill with cold water.
- Add salt
- Leave potatoes in water for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- In the colander, drain, and rinse potato slices.
- In a deep fryer, add oil.
- Heat to 365° F
- Add a small batch of potato slices, and fry
- When potato slices begin to turn golden brown, take out of fryer and place on paper towels to drain
- Repeat in batches until all potato slices are fried.
- Optional: season with salt
You May Also Like:
- Weight Watchers Italian Skillet Chicken Marsala
- Weight Watchers Crispy Air Fryer Broccoli
- Weight Watchers Asian Barbecue Sauce
- Best Weight Watchers Mushroom Risotto
- Quick Weight Watchers Lemon Curd
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!