Weight Watchers Stuffed Artichokes Recipe
Weight Watchers Stuffed Artichokes Recipe. This vegetarian recipe is made with artichokes, Italian bread, fresh parsley, garlic, dried oregano, Romano cheese, and vegetable oil. Cooked in a dutch oven, this easy recipe is easy to make.
One of my favorite dishes is stuffed artichokes. I’ve found that it’s a great dish to make for company because it looks really fancy but you don’t have to be a master chef to pull this off.
If you are looking for a healthy appetizer option, look no further than this Weight Watchers Italian Stuffed Artichokes recipe. This is the perfect dish that can be served as an appetizer or side dish! It will leave your guests feeling satisfied and full, without all of the guilt.
A fun fact about artichokes is that they are actually flowers from a thistle plant which blooms in springtime. They grow wild throughout California and have been cultivated since ancient times. The word “artichoke” derives from the French word “chiche”, meaning “thistle”. This delicious vegetable is low in calories but high in fiber and protein with no fat at all! That’s why it’s one of my favorite dishes
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 5 Blue Plan and 6 Green Plan,
5 WW Freestyle Points and 6 Smart Points.
We have more Weight Watchers Appetizer Recipes here,
more Weight Watchers Side Dish Recipes here,
and more Italian Weight Watchers Recipes here!
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. We just like creating healthier recipe options. We do not give any advice on diet or eating habits. Please consult a doctor before changing your diet.
Points® are a trademark of the WW corporation, double check Points® on their official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Weight Watchers Stuffed Artichokes
- 6 whole artichokes
- 3 slices italian bread cubed
- ⅛ cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- ¼ cup romano cheese grated
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- Prepare artichoke leaves by cutting the pointed tips of the leaves, and cutting off the stems
- Hold the artichoke base firmly. bang the top on a counter or hard surface, to open the artichoke for stuffing.
- In a mixing bowl, add bread cubes, parsley, garlic, oregano, Romano cheese, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Stir to mix well
- Measure ½ cup of the bread mixture and press into an artichoke. Repeat for each artichoke
- In a dutch oven, place the artichokes tightly together.
- Add water to cover half way up the artichokes.
- Add 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Over high heat, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 1 hour or until the leaves easily pull out.
You May Also Like:
- Weight Watchers Parmesan Tilapia Fillets
- Weight Watchers Shakshouka (Eggs with a Twist)
- Weight Watchers Air Fryer Fried Oreos
- Weight Watchers Lemon Vegetable and Pork Kebabs
- Weight Watchers Seared Garlic Shrimp
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!