Best Weight Watchers Italian Beef Lasagna Recipe
Best Weight Watchers Italian Beef Lasagna Recipe. Are you looking for a delicious and satisfying lasagna recipe that won’t ruin your weight loss goals? Look no further, because this Italian lasagna recipe is just what you need.
With the convenience of using a slow cooker, this recipe is a breeze to prepare.
To make this dinner, you will need mushrooms, spinach, ground beef, garlic, onion, tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, oregano, red pepper flakes, Mozzarella, ricotta, and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, basil, and lasagna pasta noodles.
Give it a try tonight and see for yourself just how tasty healthy eating can be!
Weight Watchers Points
8 Points (2022/2023 Plan)
MyWW Points: 8 Blue Plan and 10 Green Plan
8 WW Freestyle Points and 10 WW Smart Points
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass. The Points Glass Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares
Fun but practical! The measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces.
Best Weight Watchers Italian Beef Lasagna
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pound cremini or white mushrooms sliced
- 1 bag (9oz) fresh baby spinach
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ pound 93% lean ground beef (7% fat or less)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (28oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1½ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1½ cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 5 tablespoon Parmigiano-Reggiano grated
- ½ cup fresh basil thinly sliced
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and place it over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and simmer, stirring frequently, for about 6 minutes or until they release their juice and nearly completely evaporate.
- Add the spinach in small batches, season with 1/4 teaspoon salt, and use a slotted spoon to transfer to a bowl. Throw away fluids.
- Add the beef, onion, and garlic; simmer and break up the meat with a wooden spoon for about 5 minutes, or until it is no longer pink.
- Add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt, the oregano, tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, and pepper flakes. 5 minutes of simmering is sufficient.
- Mix the ricotta, 3/4 cup mozzarella, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, and 1/4 cup basil in a medium bowl.
- Spread one-third of the beef mixture in the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Lay three lasagna noodles on top of the beef, breaking them as necessary to fit.
- Place a third of the mushroom mixture on top of the noodles, then sprinkle the remaining ricotta mixture on top.
- Then, divide the remaining 3 noodles in half and place them on top of the beef mixture. Finish by spooning half of the remaining beef mixture on top.
- Add the leftover beef, ricotta, and mushrooms on top.
- For about 3 to 4 hours, simmer the noodles, covered, on LOW heat until they can be punctured with a knife.
- Remove the slow cooker's lid and shut it off. Top with the remaining 3/4 cup mozzarella and 3 tablespoons of Parmesan.. Cover the slow cooker, wait until the cheese has melted, about 10 minutes,
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup basil over the top and cut the lasagna into 8 portions.
You May Also Like:
- 10 Weight Watchers Hot Chocolate Recipes
- WW Quick and Easy 3 Ingredient Biscuits
- Weight Watchers Holiday Pfeffernusse Cookies
- 25 Best Weight Watchers Pasta Recipes
- Weight Watchers Roasted Chestnuts (Air Fryer)
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!