Best Weight Watchers Italian Beef Lasagna Recipe
Best Weight Watchers Italian Beef Lasagna Recipe. Are you looking for a delicious and satisfying lasagna recipe that won’t ruin your weight loss goals? Look no further, because this Italian lasagna recipe is just what you need.
With the convenience of using a slow cooker, this recipe is a breeze to prepare.
To make this dinner, you will need mushrooms, spinach, ground beef, garlic, onion, tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, oregano, red pepper flakes, Mozzarella, ricotta, and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, basil, and lasagna pasta noodles.
Give it a try tonight and see for yourself just how tasty healthy eating can be!
Weight Watchers Points
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. We just like creating healthier recipe options. We do not give any advice on diet or eating habits. Please consult a doctor before changing your diet.
Points® are a trademark of the WW corporation, double check Points® on their official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
Best Weight Watchers Italian Beef Lasagna
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pound cremini or white mushrooms sliced
- 1 bag (9oz) fresh baby spinach
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ pound 93% lean ground beef (7% fat or less)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (28oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1½ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1½ cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 5 tablespoon Parmigiano-Reggiano grated
- ½ cup fresh basil thinly sliced
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and place it over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and simmer, stirring frequently, for about 6 minutes or until they release their juice and nearly completely evaporate.
- Add the spinach in small batches, season with 1/4 teaspoon salt, and use a slotted spoon to transfer to a bowl. Throw away fluids.
- Add the beef, onion, and garlic; simmer and break up the meat with a wooden spoon for about 5 minutes, or until it is no longer pink.
- Add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt, the oregano, tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, and pepper flakes. 5 minutes of simmering is sufficient.
- Mix the ricotta, 3/4 cup mozzarella, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, and 1/4 cup basil in a medium bowl.
- Spread one-third of the beef mixture in the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Lay three lasagna noodles on top of the beef, breaking them as necessary to fit.
- Place a third of the mushroom mixture on top of the noodles, then sprinkle the remaining ricotta mixture on top.
- Then, divide the remaining 3 noodles in half and place them on top of the beef mixture. Finish by spooning half of the remaining beef mixture on top.
- Add the leftover beef, ricotta, and mushrooms on top.
- For about 3 to 4 hours, simmer the noodles, covered, on LOW heat until they can be punctured with a knife.
- Remove the slow cooker's lid and shut it off. Top with the remaining 3/4 cup mozzarella and 3 tablespoons of Parmesan.. Cover the slow cooker, wait until the cheese has melted, about 10 minutes,
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup basil over the top and cut the lasagna into 8 portions.
You May Also Like:
- Weight Watchers Parmesan Tilapia Fillets
- Weight Watchers Shakshouka (Eggs with a Twist)
- Weight Watchers Air Fryer Fried Oreos
- Weight Watchers Lemon Vegetable and Pork Kebabs
- Weight Watchers Seared Garlic Shrimp
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!