Weight Watchers Baked Ziti Recipe
Weight Watchers Baked Ziti Recipe
A classic Italian Dinner with Ground Beef, oregano, thyme, rosemary, garlic, and Mozzarella cheese.
You will only spend 15 minutes prepping this meal, which we all love!
This hearty dinner has just under 300 calories, and 7.8 grams of fat. We use lean ground beef, and part-skim Mozzarella cheese to make it lighter than the original version.
A delicious comfort food pasta meal!
What is Ziti
Ziti is a type of pasta that originates from the southern Italian region of Calabria.
It is a long, tubular pasta that is traditionally made from durum wheat semolina. However, many modern brands of ziti are made with a blend of semolina and other flours, such as all-purpose flour or whole wheat flour.
Ziti is available in different sizes, ranging from small ziti which is approximately 1/2 inch in diameter, to large ziti which can be up to 1 inch in diameter.
The word “ziti” comes from the Italian word “zito”, which means “bridegroom”. It is believed this name was given to the pasta because it was traditionally served at weddings.
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 7 Blue Plan and 9 Green Plan
7 WW Freestyle Points and 9 Smart Points.
Personal Points will vary based on your individual plan.
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. We just like creating healthier recipe options. We do not give any advice on diet or eating habits. Please consult a doctor before changing your diet.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
What to serve with
Weight Watchers Classic Tossed Salad
An easy appetizer recipe that pairs well with many main dishes.
Weight Watchers Italian Caprese Skewers
This super simple toothpick appetizer is perfect for your next party, game day, or an everyday snack.
Weight Watchers Tomatoes And Roasted Green Beans
A quick and easy vegetarian side dish recipe that is ready in 30 minutes.
Weight Watchers Vegetarian Minestrone Soup
This slow cooker version is super easy to make, and it’s healthy!
Irresistible Weight Watchers Balsamic Bruschetta
This tasty dish comes together in just minutes and is sure to please a crowd! Plus, it’s healthy, so you can feel good about serving it!
Weight Watchers Roasted Asparagus
Gluten free, low fat, and vegetarian.
Weight Watchers Mini Cheesecakes With Cherry And Chocolate
This decadent dessert will satisfy your sweet tooth without the guilt. It’s a creamy cheesecake with a graham cracker crust, then topped with red cherries, and shaved dark chocolate.
Weight Watchers Favorite Berry Tartlets
A favorite mini dessert made with homemade crust, prepared vanilla pudding, low fat cream cheese, butter, egg yolk, and the berries of your choice.
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
If you make this recipe, comment below with what your Personal Points came to so others can see the range of points.
Weight Watchers Baked Ziti
- Prepare the pasta according the directions on that package. Don't add salt.
- Drain the water off of the pasta, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- In a medium sized saucepan, add olive oil.
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Add in garlic and saute for Two minutes
- Add in ground beef and cook until browned, approx 5 minutes.
- Drain fat and place saucepan back on the heat.
- Stir in the rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Cook an additional Two minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat & simmer for Five minutes.
- Place a thin layer of ground beef mixture on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Place ½ of the prepared pasta in an even layer.
- Place ½ of the ground beef mixture evenly over the pasta
- Place ½ of the mozzarella cheese in an even layer over the meat layer
- Repeat each layer with the remaining pasta, meat sauce, and cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven approx 30 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown and bubbling.
You May Also Like:
- Weight Watchers Easy Decadent Truffles (No Bake)
- Quick Air-Fryer Brussels Sprouts (Weight Watchers)
- Weight Watchers French Toast Banana Casserole
- Easy Air Fryer Turkey Breast (Weight Watchers)
- Low Calorie Chicken Breast Recipes – 150 Calories or Less
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!