Weight Watchers Creamy Asparagus Risotto Recipe
Weight Watchers Creamy Asparagus Risotto Recipe. This classic Italian appetizer, or dinner recipe is made with fresh asparagus, creamy Arborio rice, and a savory broth, this dish is packed with flavor and low in points.
The addition of tangy lemon juice and grated Parmesan cheese takes this risotto to the next level, creating a dish that’s both comforting and indulgent.
With simple instructions and easy-to-find ingredients, this recipe is perfect for any night of the week.
So why not try this recipe today and enjoy a satisfying and healthy meal that’s sure to impress? Whether you’re cooking for one or feeding the whole family, this dish is a crowd-pleaser that everyone will love.
So fire up the stove, grab your ingredients, and get ready to make a delicious and nutritious meal that can’t be beat!
Weight Watchers Points
6 Points (2022/2023 Plan)
MyWW Points: 6 Blue Plan and 8 Green Plan
6 WW Freestyle Points and 8 Smart Points
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass. The Points Glass Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares
Fun but practical! The measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Weight Watchers Creamy Asparagus Risotto
- ½ teaspoon salt for cooking water
- 1 pound fresh asparagus trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 small shallots minced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ⅓ cup parmigianno-reggiano cheese grated
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Begin by filling a large pot with water and adding a generous pinch of salt. Place the pot on the stove over high heat and bring the water to a rolling boil.
- While the water is heating up, fill a large bowl with ice water and set it aside.
- Once the water is boiling, add the asparagus to the pot and cook for exactly 2 minutes. Then, use a slotted spoon to immediately transfer the asparagus to the bowl of ice water. This will stop the cooking process and help the asparagus retain its bright green color. Set the bowl aside for later.
- Take a medium-sized pot and coat it with cooking spray. Heat the pot over medium heat and add the butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add the shallots and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until they become translucent.
- Add the rice to the pot and toss it in the butter and shallots until the rice is coated. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice to the pot and stir continuously until all the juice has been absorbed, which should take about 1 minute.
- In a separate pot, bring the broth to a simmer and keep it warm.
- Begin adding the hot broth to the rice mixture, one half cup at a time. Stir continuously until each addition of broth has been absorbed before adding more. This process will take about 20 minutes.
- Keep adding broth until the rice turns creamy and is slightly chewy, but not mushy.
- Once the rice is done, remove the pot from the heat and stir in the cheese until it's fully incorporated.
- Stir in the asparagus and season the dish with salt and pepper to taste.
You May Also Like:
- Weight Watchers Classic Ginger Cookies
- Weight Watchers Turkish Lentil Soup
- Weight Watchers Cinnamon Sweet Potato Fries
- Weight Watchers Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
- 10 Weight Watchers Hot Chocolate Recipes
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!