Weight Watchers French Bread Rolls Recipe
Weight Watchers French Bread Rolls Recipe from scratch with yeast, sugar, vegetable oil, salt, and bread flour.
4 MyWW Point Green Plan
We have more Weight Watchers Side Dish Recipes here!
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. We just like creating healthier recipe options. We do not give any advice on diet or eating habits. Please consult a doctor before changing your diet.
Points® are a trademark of the WW corporation, double check Points® on their official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Weight Watchers French Bread Rolls
- Damp Cloth
- 1½ cups warm water 110° F
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Using a large mixing bowl, add yeast, warm water, and sugar. Stir to mix. Let stand approx 10 minutes
- Stir-in salt, 2 cups of bread flour, and vegetable oil. Stir-in the remaining 2 cups of flour ½ cup at a time and mix until the dough pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- Flour a surface and turn out the dough. Knead the dough until it is elastic and smooth. Approx 8 mins.
- Using a large mixing bowl, lightly oil the bowl and add the bread dough. Turn the dough to coat all sides with oil. Using a damp cloth, cover the bowl and put in a warm area to let it rise until doubled in size. Approx 1 hour.
- Deflate the bread dough and turn it out on the floured surface again.
- Separate the bread dough into Sixteen pieces equal in size.
- Form the pieces into round roll balls and put on the prepared baking sheet approx 2" apart. Cover the rolls with a damp cloth and allow to rise to double size for approx 40 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F
- Bake in preheated oven for approx 18 – 20 mins. or until golden.
You May Also Like:
- Weight Watchers Italian Skillet Chicken Marsala
- Weight Watchers Crispy Air Fryer Broccoli
- Weight Watchers Asian Barbecue Sauce
- Best Weight Watchers Mushroom Risotto
- Quick Weight Watchers Lemon Curd
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!
Can this dough be frozen? And if so at what step?
Also in step 2 am I understanding the directions correctly…. we add 2 cups of flour at once and then add the remaining 2 cups in 1/2 cup increments? Or is the orginal 2 cups adding in 1/2 cup increments and the remaining 2 cups is what we are using for dusting the board etc?
It is 2 cups at once, then the remaining 2 cups in 1/2 cup increments. I will reword the recipe, because it’s not clear.
I haven’t tried freezing this dough before.