Best Weight Watchers Southern Biscuits Recipe
Best Weight Watchers Southern Biscuits. There’s nothing like a warm, flaky biscuit straight out of the oven. And if you’re from the South, you know that biscuits are a way of life.
Whether they’re served with breakfast, lunch, or dinner (or all three), biscuits are an enduring part of Southern culture.
There’s something about them that just makes everything feel better. Is it the fluffy texture? The buttery richness? Or maybe it’s the fact that they go with practically everything? Regardless of the reason, we could all use a little more biscuit love in our lives. And since they’re so easy to make, there’s no excuse not to indulge!
You will need flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, butter, shortening, and buttermilk to make these tasty biscuits. There’s only a 20 minute prep time.
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 4 Green Plan,
4 WW Smart Points.
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. We just like creating healthier recipe options. We do not give any advice on diet or eating habits. Please consult a doctor before changing your diet.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
What to serve with
Weight Watchers Homemade Apple Butter
You will make this in the Slow Cooker, so it’s super easy to make.
Weight Watchers Honey Lavender Butter
Made with salted butter, fresh or dried lavender, and honey.
Weight Watchers Sirloin Beef And Bean Chili
This hearty and delicious comfort food meal will satisfy your hunger on cold winter nights.
Weight Watchers Poached Eggs With Tomato Sauce
A quick and easy 15 minute breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Weight Watchers Bacon Egg Cups
A fun breakfast or brunch recipe that’s great when you have a lot of people, or just a few.
Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Italian Pot Roast with Vegetables
The roast is cooked to perfection and so tender that it will practically fall apart when you pull it out of the slow cooker.
Weight Watchers Spinach Lentil Soup
This soup is flavorful, and oh so satisfying! Just a handful of ingredients come together to make this delicious soup that’s perfect for a chilly winter day.
Weight Watchers Oven-Baked Baby Back Ribs
You’ll be surprised at how simple it is to make a batch of sticky, delicious ribs using just your oven and a few basic ingredients.
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
If you make this recipe, comment below with what your Personal Points came to so others can see the range of points.
Best Weight Watchers Southern Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 450° F
- In a large sized mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Stir to mix well.
- Cut butter into small cubes.
- In the dry mixture, add the cubed butter, and shortening.
- Using a pastry blender, work in the butter and shortening until it forms small clumps that are pea sized. (If you don't have a pastry cutter, you can work in the butter and shortening using your fingers.)
- Make a well in the middle of the mixture.
- In the well, add cold buttermilk.
- Stir to mix until a dough just forms. It will be sticky.
- Flour a flat surface.
- On the floured surface, turn out the dough, then flour the top of the dough with a light layer.
- Fold the dough gently, approximately 5 times.
- Form the dough into a circle approximately 1 inch in thickness.
- Using a 2 inch biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits.
- Arrange the biscuits on a baking sheet close enough that they lightly touch.
- In preheated oven, bake approximately 15 – 20 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown on the top.
You May Also Like:
- Skillet Lemon Chicken and Broccoli (Weight Watchers)
- Weight Watchers Family Friendly Recipes
- Weight Watchers Snack Recipes: Healthy Alternatives to Junk Food
- Weight Watchers Skillet Recipes (Healthy Cooking Made Simple)
- 25 Delicious Weight Watchers Dinner Recipes You Have to Try!
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!