Weight Watchers Shrimp Risotto with Asparagus Recipe
Weight Watchers Shrimp Risotto with Asparagus Recipe combines the rich, creamy texture of risotto with the fresh flavors of shrimp and asparagus to create a delectable dish you can enjoy guilt-free.
As you follow this straightforward recipe, you’ll be amazed by how simple it is to create a restaurant-quality meal at home. The succulent shrimp and tender asparagus blend harmoniously with the aromatic combination of shallot, thyme, and a hint of white wine. The result is a dish that’s both satisfying and bursting with flavor.
This dish is perfect for dinners when you’re craving something comforting and indulgent that won’t derail your weight loss goals. It’s also an impressive meal to serve to guests at special gatherings, as they’ll be delighted by the exquisite taste and presentation.
The recipe is designed with clear, step-by-step instructions to ensure you achieve the ideal balance of flavors and textures.
Weight Watchers Points
8 Points (2022/2023 Plan)
MyWW Points: 8 Blue Plan and 5 Green Plan
8 WW Freestyle Points and 5 Smart Points
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Risotto with Asparagus & Shrimp
- 1 pound (3 cups) fresh asparagus trimmed and cut into 1½- to 2-inch pieces
- 4 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- ⅓ cup shallots finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 cup arborio rice
- ⅓ cup dry red wine
- kosher salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound fresh shrimp large, peeled and deveined
- ⅓ cup low-fat parmesan cheese grated
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the asparagus to the boiling water and cook on high heat until it reaches a crisp-tender texture, approximately 2 minutes.
- Drain the asparagus and rinse with cold water to cool it down. Set it aside for later use.
- In a separate medium saucepan, mix the stock with ⅓ cup of water.
- Heat the stock mixture over medium-high heat until it simmers.
- Lower the heat to maintain a gentle warmth.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat it over medium heat.
- Add the shallot and thyme to the skillet, stirring frequently for about 3 minutes, or until softened.
- Incorporate the rice into the skillet and stir for 1 minute.
- Pour the wine into the skillet.
- Raise the heat to medium-high and cook until most of the liquid has been absorbed, stirring for about 2 minutes.
- Ladle 1 cup of the warmed stock into the skillet, stirring frequently until most of the liquid is absorbed, taking around 3 minutes.
- Continue adding ½ cup of warm stock at a time, stirring in between, until the liquid is mostly absorbed and the rice is almost al dente. Reserve the final ⅓ cup of stock for later.
- Mix in the salt and black pepper.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently until the shrimp are cooked through and the rice is al dente.
- Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Stir in the remaining ⅓ cup of stock and the cheese.
- Gently fold the cooked asparagus into the mixture.
- Serve the dish immediately.
You May Also Like:
- Weight Watchers Turkish Lentil Soup
- Weight Watchers Cinnamon Sweet Potato Fries
- Weight Watchers Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
- 10 Weight Watchers Hot Chocolate Recipes
- WW Quick and Easy 3 Ingredient Biscuits
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!