Weight Watchers Turkey Tamale Casserole Recipe
Weight Watchers Turkey Tamale Casserole Recipe. This dinner is made with red onion, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper,garlic, ground turkey breast, corn, tomato sauce, salt, hot Mexican chili powder, cornmeal, and Fat-free Monterey Jack cheese.
This hearty meal can be customized to your taste by making it more, or less spicy.
The best part is that it can be made ahead of time and then just popped in the oven when you’re ready to eat.
It’s also a delicious way to use up leftover turkey.
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 9 Green Plan
9 WW Smart Points
Personal Points will vary based on your individual plan.
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. We just like creating healthier recipe options. We do not give any advice on diet or eating habits. Please consult a doctor before changing your diet.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
If you make this recipe, comment below with what your Personal Points came to so others can see the range of points.
Weight Watchers Turkey Tamale Casserole
- 4 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 red onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno peppers seeded, deveined and minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ pound ground turkey breast
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ¾ teaspoon salt divided
- hot Mexican chili powder to taste
- 2 cups water
- ⅔ cup stone-ground yellow cornmeal
- ⅓ cup shredded fat free monterey jack cheese
- Place a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- In the skillet, add canola oil.
- When hot, add red onion, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, and garlic.
- Saute approximately 5 minutes, or until softened.
- In the skillet, add turkey. Cook breaking up using a wooden spoon, approximately 6 to 8 minutes, or until browned.
- Add in corn, tomato sauce, ½ teaspoon of the salt, and chili powder. Stir to mix in.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer covered, stirring a couple of times, approximately 15 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Pour the mixture into an 8 inch baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place a medium sized saucepan over medium/high heat, add 1 cup of water, and the rest of the salt. Bring to a boil.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add 1 cup of water. Using a whisk, whisk in cornmeal.
- Slowly add the moistened cornmeal into the boiling water, stirring continuously, approximately 5 minutes, or until it thickens, and starts to bubble.
- Pour the cornmeal mixture over top of the turkey mixture, and spread to an even layer.
- In the preheated oven, bake 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle monterey jack cheese on top, and bake another 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
You May Also Like:
- Homemade Weight Watchers Ginger Snaps
- Weight Watchers Cranberry Pear Salad
- Weight Watchers Easy Decadent Truffles (No Bake)
- Quick Air-Fryer Brussels Sprouts (Weight Watchers)
- Weight Watchers French Toast Banana Casserole
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!