Air Fryer Weight Watchers Buffalo Chicken Empanadas Recipe
Air Fryer Weight Watchers Buffalo Chicken Empanadas Recipe. Are you looking for a delicious meal that won’t sabotage your lifestyle journey? Look no further than our Air Fryer Weight Watchers Buffalo Chicken Empanadas!
With only 5 Weight Watchers points per serving, this dish packs a punch of flavor while being kind to your waistline.
The empanadas are filled with tender, shredded chicken coated in a tangy buffalo sauce that is sure to satisfy your cravings.
The convenience of the air fryer, these empanadas are ready in no time.
The secret to these empanadas’ delicious flavor is in the combination of the buffalo sauce, tender shredded chicken, and the crispy exterior.
They’re made in the air fryer, you don’t have to worry about all the added oil that often comes with fried foods.
Whether you’re following the WW plan or just looking for a healthier twist on a classic dish, these Air Fryer Weight Watchers Buffalo Chicken Empanadas are sure to hit the spot.
So, why wait? Get ready to indulge in a delicious and nutritious meal that won’t break your diet. Your taste buds and waistline will thank you!
Weight Watchers Points
7 Points (2022/2023 Plan)
MyWW Points: 7 Blue Plan and 5 Green Plan
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass. The Points Glass Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares
Fun but practical! The measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Air Fryer Weight Watchers Buffalo Chicken Empanadas
- In a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker, mix together hot sauce, water, Ranch seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Place chicken in the slow cooker, flipping to ensure both sides are coated in the mixture.
- Cover and cook the chicken on high for 3 to 4 hours, or on low for 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 hours, until tender.
- Shred the cooked chicken using shredding claws or two forks in the slow cooker, or transfer it to a cutting board and shred it before returning it to the slow cooker.
- Stir in the yogurt and blue cheese. Cook for an additional 20 to 30 minutes on low.
- Turn off the heat and let the chicken mixture cool slightly. It can be made up to 2 days ahead and refrigerated.
- On a work surface or a sheet pan coated with cooking spray, place defrosted empanada disks.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture onto the center of each disk.
- Fold the disk over to form a half moon, sealing the edges by pressing down with your fingers. Use the tines of a fork to create marks on the edges or fold and roll the edges in a traditional empanada style. Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375℉.
- Brush the empanadas with egg mixture.
- Coat the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Cook the empanadas in batches in a single layer, flipping once halfway through cooking. Cook for 12 to 14 minutes.
You May Also Like:
- Easy WW Friendly Philly Cheese Steak
- Ginger Pork Shiitake Dumplings (Weight Watchers)
- Weight Watchers Vegetarian Omelet
- Weight Watchers Shrimp Recipes
- Cloud Eggs with Cheese and Herb