Air Fryer Weight Watchers Buffalo Chicken Empanadas Recipe
Air Fryer Weight Watchers Buffalo Chicken Empanadas Recipe. Are you looking for a healthy and delicious meal that won’t sabotage your weight-loss journey? Look no further than our Air Fryer Weight Watchers Buffalo Chicken Empanadas!
With only 5 Weight Watchers points per serving, this dish packs a punch of flavor while being kind to your waistline.
The empanadas are filled with tender, shredded chicken coated in a tangy buffalo sauce that is sure to satisfy your cravings.
The convenience of the air fryer, these empanadas are ready in no time.
The secret to these empanadas’ delicious flavor is in the combination of the buffalo sauce, tender shredded chicken, and the crispy exterior.
They’re made in the air fryer, you don’t have to worry about all the added oil that often comes with fried foods.
Whether you’re following the WW plan or just looking for a healthier twist on a classic dish, these Air Fryer Weight Watchers Buffalo Chicken Empanadas are sure to hit the spot.
So, why wait? Get ready to indulge in a delicious and nutritious meal that won’t break your diet. Your taste buds and waistline will thank you!
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 7 Blue Plan and 5 Green Plan
Weight Watchers Buffalo Chicken
Air-Fryer Weight Watchers Buffalo Cauliflower
Weight Watchers Grilled Buffalo Wings
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. We just like creating healthier recipe options. We do not give any advice on diet or eating habits. Please consult a doctor before changing your diet.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Air Fryer Weight Watchers Buffalo Chicken Empanadas
- ¾ cup hot sauce
- ¼ cup water
- ½ oz ranch seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- ½ cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup blue cheese
- nonstick cooking spray
- 20 para empanada dough
- 1 large egg whisked with 1 tsp water
- In a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker, mix together hot sauce, water, Ranch seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Place chicken in the slow cooker, flipping to ensure both sides are coated in the mixture.
- Cover and cook the chicken on high for 3 to 4 hours, or on low for 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 hours, until tender.
- Shred the cooked chicken using shredding claws or two forks in the slow cooker, or transfer it to a cutting board and shred it before returning it to the slow cooker.
- Stir in the yogurt and blue cheese. Cook for an additional 20 to 30 minutes on low.
- Turn off the heat and let the chicken mixture cool slightly. It can be made up to 2 days ahead and refrigerated.
- On a work surface or a sheet pan coated with cooking spray, place defrosted empanada disks.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture onto the center of each disk.
- Fold the disk over to form a half moon, sealing the edges by pressing down with your fingers. Use the tines of a fork to create marks on the edges or fold and roll the edges in a traditional empanada style. Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375℉.
- Brush the empanadas with egg mixture.
- Coat the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Cook the empanadas in batches in a single layer, flipping once halfway through cooking. Cook for 12 to 14 minutes.
You May Also Like:
- Weight Watchers Chicken Sausage Calzones
- Baked Weight Watchers Vegetable Wontons
- Easy Chocolate Fudge Cookies (Weight Watchers)
- Weight Watchers Beef and Potato Empanadas
- Weight Watchers Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!