Weight Watchers Italian Pasta Puttanesca Recipe
Weight Watchers Italian Pasta Puttanesca Recipe. Pasta is a staple in many households and for good reason. It’s versatile, easy to cook and goes well with many different sauces and ingredients.
However, for those following a healthier eating plan, traditional pasta dishes can be a bit of a challenge. This recipe combines the classic flavors of Italy with a healthier twist, making it perfect for those who want to enjoy a delicious pasta dish without the guilt.
The sauce is made with fresh ingredients like garlic, tomato paste, anchovy paste, and olives, creating a bold and satisfying flavor. The pasta is then tossed with the sauce, creating a dish that’s both delicious and nutritious.
This recipe is easy to make and perfect for a healthy dinner or as a special occasion dish.
You won’t have to sacrifice taste for health with this recipe. In fact, the combination of flavors in this pasta Puttanesca is so good, you won’t even know you’re eating a healthy meal!
So whether you’re looking for a dish to impress guests, or just a healthy and tasty dinner option, our it’s sure to hit the spot.
Weight Watchers Points
4 Points (2022/2023 Plan)
MyWW Points: 6 Green Plan and 4 Blue Plan
6 WW Smart Points
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Weight Watchers Italian Pasta Puttanesca
- ½ teaspoon salt plus more for salting water
- 12 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic mnced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 6 cups grape tomatoes halved
- 15 pitted kalamata olives sliced
- 3 tablespoon capers rinsed
- ½ cup fresh Italian parsley chopped, plus more for serving
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese optional
- Fill a large pot of salted water over medium/high heat and bring to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- In the meantime, heat up some oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until it turns golden brown (2 to 3 minutes).
- Then, add the tomato paste and anchovy paste to the skillet and continue to stir constantly until the tomato paste begins to darken (2 to 3 minutes).
- Next, add the tomatoes, olives, capers, and 1⁄2 tsp salt to the skillet and continue to cook, tossing occasionally, until the tomatoes are heated through and start to soften (about 5 minutes).
- Reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water and drain the pasta.
- Add the pasta to the sauce along with ¾ cup of the reserved cooking water, ½ cup parsley, and crushed red pepper. Cook and toss until the sauce becomes piping hot and thick enough to coat the pasta. (If the pasta looks slightly more wet than desired, that's okay as it will continue to absorb liquid.)
- Finally, season with salt to taste and garnish with more parsley and parmesan cheese.
You May Also Like:
- WW Friendly Blueberry Corn Muffins
- WW Chicken Tikka Masala (Slow Cooker)
- WW Hearty Dinners for Winter Evenings
- WW Recipes for Meat Lovers
- Weight Watchers Air Fryer Croutons