Easy Weight Watchers Vichyssoise Recipe
Easy Weight Watchers Vichyssoise Recipe. Vichyssoise is a cold soup made from puréed leeks, onions, and potatoes.
It’s traditionally served chilled, although it can also be served hot.
The soup is often garnished with chives or diced vegetables and is a popular summertime dish.
It was invented in 1917 by French chef Louis Diat, who was working at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in New York City at the time.
The name “vichyssoise” comes from the French town of Vichy, which is known for its thermal baths.
The soup is often served as an appetizer, first course or as a light meal.
Weight Watchers Points
4 Points (2022/2023 Plan)
MyWW Points: 4 Blue Plan and 6 Green Plan
4 WW Freestyle Points and 6 Smart Points
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass. The Points Glass Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares
Fun but practical! The measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Easy Weight Watchers Vichyssoise
- Place a large saucepan over medium heat. Add butter, and melt it.
- Add leeks and saute approximately 5 minutes, or until softened.
- In the saucepan, add potatoes, chicken broth, ground nutmeg, salt, and white pepper.
- Turn heat to medium/high, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are soft.
- Remove from heat, and set aside for 15 minutes to allow to cool.
- In a food processor, add the soup, and puree until it becomes smooth.
- Transfer to a storage bowl.
- Add light cream and stir to mix in.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Served chilled. Garnish with chives.
4 WW Freestyle Points and 6 Smart Points We are not associated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. Double check points on their official calculator.
You May Also Like:
- Weight Watchers Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
- 10 Weight Watchers Hot Chocolate Recipes
- WW Quick and Easy 3 Ingredient Biscuits
- Weight Watchers Holiday Pfeffernusse Cookies
- 25 Best Weight Watchers Pasta Recipes
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!