Easy Weight Watchers Vichyssoise Recipe
Easy Weight Watchers Vichyssoise Recipe. Vichyssoise is a cold soup made from puréed leeks, onions, and potatoes.
It’s traditionally served chilled, although it can also be served hot.
The soup is often garnished with chives or diced vegetables and is a popular summertime dish.
It was invented in 1917 by French chef Louis Diat, who was working at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in New York City at the time.
The name “vichyssoise” comes from the French town of Vichy, which is known for its thermal baths.
The soup is often served as an appetizer, first course or as a light meal.
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 6 Green Plan
6 WW Smart Points
Personal Points will vary based on your individual plan.
Weight Watchers Ham And Potato Soup
Healthy Vegetarian Weight Watchers Kale Soup
Weight Watchers Cauliflower Cheese Soup
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. We just like creating healthier recipe options. We do not give any advice on diet or eating habits. Please consult a doctor before changing your diet.
Points® are a trademark of the WW corporation, double check Points® on their official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Easy Weight Watchers Vichyssoise
- 2 teaspoon butter
- 1 small leek clean and sliced
- 2 potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ¼ cup light cream
- fresh chives snipped for garnish
- Place a large saucepan over medium heat. Add butter, and melt it.
- Add leeks and saute approximately 5 minutes, or until softened.
- In the saucepan, add potatoes, chicken broth, ground nutmeg, salt, and white pepper.
- Turn heat to medium/high, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are soft.
- Remove from heat, and set aside for 15 minutes to allow to cool.
- In a food processor, add the soup, and puree until it becomes smooth.
- Transfer to a storage bowl.
- Add light cream and stir to mix in.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Served chilled. Garnish with chives.
You May Also Like:
- Weight Watchers Italian Skillet Chicken Marsala
- Weight Watchers Crispy Air Fryer Broccoli
- Weight Watchers Asian Barbecue Sauce
- Best Weight Watchers Mushroom Risotto
- Quick Weight Watchers Lemon Curd
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!