Homemade Weight Watchers Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
Homemade Weight Watchers Chicken Pot Pie. This dish is the perfect combination of comfort and healthy living. It’s filled with tender boneless, skinless chicken breast and celery, carrots, onion, and baby green peas, all nestled under a flaky, buttery crust.
Whether you’re following the WW program or just looking for a healthier twist on a classic comfort food, this recipe is sure to satisfy. So let’s get started!
Weight Watchers Points
6 Points (2022/2023 Plan)
MyWW Points: 6 Blue Plan and 7 Green Plan
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Homemade Weight Watchers Chicken Pot Pie
- 5 teaspoon unsalted butter divided
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite-size chunks
- 2½ cups celery thinly sliced
- 2 cups carrots chopped
- 1¼ cups onion chopped
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 3½ cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen baby green peas
- 2 ounces low-fat cream cheese softened, cut in ½ inch pieces
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 8 ounce reduced fat crescent roll dough
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place a large pot over medium/high heat. Add 1 teaspoon of butter and let melt.
- Add chicken and cook, stirring often, approximately 5 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through.
- Using slotted spoon, take chicken out of pot and move to a mixing bowl for later.
- In the same pot, add 2 teaspoons of butter still over medium/high heat, and let melt.
- Add celery, carrots, and onion and cook, stirring often, approximately 5 minutes, or until the vegetables start to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium/low. Sprinkle vegetables with flour and cook, stirring, until coated, about 1 minute.
- Turn heat to high and stir in broth. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add peas, cream cheese, thyme, salt, and black pepper and simmer, stirring every once in a while, until mixture is thick and vegetables are just tender, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and any pan juices and cook until heated through.
- Transfer to 12 x 8 inch baking dish.
- Unroll dough and press the perforations to seal seams.
- Lay the dough on top of the baking dish, allowing the edges of the dough to hang over the sides if there is excess.
- Poke some holes in the dough.
- In preheated oven, bake approximately 20 minutes, or until the top is golden and the filling is bubbling.
You May Also Like:
- Weight Watchers Classic Ginger Cookies
- Weight Watchers Turkish Lentil Soup
- Weight Watchers Cinnamon Sweet Potato Fries
- Weight Watchers Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
- 10 Weight Watchers Hot Chocolate Recipes
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!