Homemade Weight Watchers Marinara Sauce Recipe
Homemade Weight Watchers Marinara Sauce Recipe. Are you looking for a healthy and flavorful marinara sauce that won’t sabotage your diet? This recipe is the perfect solution!
The key to this recipe is in the ingredients. Fresh tomatoes are blended with onions, garlic, and a variety of herbs and spices to create a robust, savory sauce.
Made with fresh ingredients, this sauce is packed with flavor yet low in calories and points, making it an ideal addition to any WW meal plan.
This recipe is not only tasty but also incredibly easy to make. With just 38 minutes of cooking time, you can have a homemade marinara sauce that’s both healthy and delicious.
Use it as a topping for your favorite pasta, as a pizza sauce, or as a dipping sauce for appetizers.
In conclusion, this Homemade Weight Watchers Marinara Sauce recipe is a healthy and delicious option that’s easy to make and perfect for anyone watching their calorie intake.
Give it a try and enjoy a flavorful sauce that’s good for you!
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 0 Blue Plan and 1 Green Plan
1 Smart Point
Best Bolognese Sauce (Weight Watchers)
Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce
Weight Watchers Roasted Tomato Sauce
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. We just like creating healthier recipe options. We do not give any advice on diet or eating habits. Please consult a doctor before changing your diet.
Points® are a trademark of the WW corporation, double check Points® on their official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Homemade Weight Watchers Marinara Sauce
- 1 can (28 ounce) whole plum tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ medium onion finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- Coarsely chop tomatoes using a food processor or blender. Set them aside.
- Heat a medium-sized soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Once heated, add the olive oil and swirl it around the pot. Add the diced onion and sauté for about 3 minutes until it becomes translucent.
- Add the minced garlic and continue to sauté until it becomes fragrant, which should take about 30 seconds.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and add the sugar, salt, and black pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the sauce simmer for at least 20 minutes up to 1 hour, or until it thickens to your liking.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking, stir in the chopped fresh basil leaves.
You May Also Like:
- Best Weight Watchers Mushroom Risotto
- Quick Weight Watchers Lemon Curd
- Simple Weight Watchers Chicken Yakitori
- Weight Watchers Blueberry Coffee Cake (Slow Cooker)
- Weight Watchers Parmesan Tilapia Fillets
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!