Best Bolognese Sauce (Weight Watchers) Recipe
Best Bolognese Sauce (Weight Watchers) Recipe. This classic Italian sauce is full of flavor, and a family favorite.
It’s easy to make, but takes a little bit of time, so it’s great for a weekend meal. It can be frozen for an easy dinner later.
To make this dish, you will need pancetta, carrots, onion, celery, tomato past, ground beef, nutmeg, crushed red pepper flakes, white time, crushed tomatoes, and fat-free evaporated milk.
Serve over your favorite pasta.
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 7 Green Plan
7 WW Smart Points
Personal Points will vary based on your individual plan.
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. Please consult a doctor before changing your eating habits.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Weight Watchers Homemade Bolognese Sauce
- 4 ounces pancetta diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ cup carrots chopped fine
- ¾ cup onion chopped fine
- ¾ cup celery chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 pound 93% lean ground beef
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 1 can (14oz) crushed tomatoes
- fat-free evaporated milk
- Place a large Dutch Oven over medium heat.
- Add pancetta. Cook and stir often for approximately 5 to 6 minutes, or until pancetta is crisp.
- Remove pancetta and place on paper towels to drain. Set aside for later.
- In the Dutch Oven, add olive oil.
- Add in carrots, onion, and celery. Cook, stirring often approximately 6 to 8 minutes, or until soft.
- Add tomato paste, stir to mix in. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add lean ground beef, ground nutmeg, crushed red pepper flakes, and salt.
- Cook and break up the ground beef, approximately 3 to 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Add dry white wine. Stir often and simmer approximately 5 minutes, or until the wine has reduced by half.
- Add crushed tomatoes and prepared pancetta. Turn heat to high, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, stirring every so often for 45 minutes.
- Add fat-free evaporated milk and stir to mix. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Check seasoning and add more if desired.
You May Also Like:
- 21 Weight Watchers Chicken and Rice Recipes
- Quick Weight Watchers Veggie Burger
- Weight Watchers Chicken Casserole Recipes
- Best Weight Watchers Salmon Recipes
- 21 Weight Watchers Chicken Stir-Fry Recipes
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!