Weight Watchers Chocolate Coated Macaroons
Weight Watchers Chocolate Coated Macaroons are a delicious treat that can satisfy your sweet tooth without sabotage your diet.
These coconut-based cookies are coated in rich chocolate, making them a decadent dessert or snack that is still low in calories. While they may be small, these macaroons pack a punch of flavor that will leave you feeling satisfied.
They are easy to make, and can be frozen so you can have them on hand in the future.
This 5 ingredient recipe uses egg whites, sugar, vanilla extract, sweetened coconut flakes, and bittersweet chocolate.
What are Macaroons
Macaroons are a type of coconut cookie that is popular in many parts of the world. The cookies are made from a combination of coconut, egg whites, and sugar. They are often flavored with vanilla or almond extract, and they can be either soft and chewy or crisp and crunchy.
Macaroons are often dipped in chocolate or decorated with icing, and they make an excellent dessert or snack. Whether you enjoy them plain or adorned, macaroons are a delicious treat that is sure to please.
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 3 Blue Plan and 3 Green Plan
3 WW Freestyle Points and 3 Smart Points
Personal Points will be based on your individual plan. Check the official calculator.
How Long Will Homemade Chocolate Coated Macaroons Last
Chocolate Coated Macaroons should last approximately 3 days at room temperature (note this may be less during hot summer months), approximately 2 weeks in the refrigerator, and approximately 3 months in the freezer. Macaroons should be stored in an air-tight container for all options.
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. We just like creating healthier recipe options. We do not give any advice on diet or eating habits. Please consult a doctor before changing your diet.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
Shredded coconut is a popular ingredient in many sweet and savory dishes. It is made by grating the flesh of mature coconuts, which are the large, white fruits produced by the coconut palm tree. The resulting shreds are then dried, resulting in a flakes that range in size from coarse to fine.
Shredded coconut has a sweet, creamy flavor and a chewy texture. It is often used as a topping or filling for cakes, pies, and other desserts. It can also be added to curries, rice dishes, and other savory dishes for flavor and texture.
Check out our recipe for Homemade Vanilla Extract.
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
If you make this recipe, comment below with what your Personal Points came to so others can see the range of points.
Weight Watchers Chocolate Coated Macaroons
- Preheat the oven to 350° F
- Prepare cookie sheets by lining with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add egg whites, then whisk in sugar.
- Add coconut, and vanilla. Stir to mix.
- Using a tablespoon sized cookie scoop, scoop the mixture, and level off. Remove from scoop, and roll the mixture with your hands.
- On prepared cooie sheet, arrange balls approximately 1 inch apart.
- In preheated oven, bake approximately 15 – 18 minutes, or until the macaroons just begin to lightly brown on top.
- Transfer macaroons to the cooling rack for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, add water to the bottom of a double boiler, and place over low heat.
- In the top of a double boiler, add chocolate, stir constantly until chocolate has melted.
- Dip macaroons in melted chocolate, then place them on a metal tray, or cookie sheet, approximately 1 inch apart from each other.
- Place tray in the freezer for approximately 30 minutes to set chocolate.
- Place in air tight container, and freeze, or store in the refrigerator.
You May Also Like:
- Weight Watchers Family Friendly Recipes
- Weight Watchers Snack Recipes: Healthy Alternatives to Junk Food
- Weight Watchers Skillet Recipes (Healthy Cooking Made Simple)
- 25 Delicious Weight Watchers Dinner Recipes You Have to Try!
- Mouth-Watering Weight Watchers Chili Recipes
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!
Macaroons are a type of coconut cookie that is popular in many parts of the world. The cookies are made from a combination of coconut, egg whites, and sugar. They are often flavored with vanilla or almond extract, and they can be either soft and chewy or crisp and crunchy. Macaroons are often dipped in chocolate or decorated with icing, and they make an excellent dessert or snack.
Macaroons should last approximately 3 days at room temperature (note this may be less during hot summer months), approximately 2 weeks in the refrigerator, and approximately 3 months in the freezer. Macaroons should be stored in an air-tight container for all options.