Weight Watchers Italian Skillet Chicken Marsala Recipe
Weight Watchers Italian Skillet Chicken Marsala Recipe. This dish is an ideal blend of nutritious ingredients and delicious Italian flavors.
We’re using simple, fresh ingredients – chicken, mushrooms, thyme, and the key element, Marsala wine, which lends a subtle sweetness and complex depth to the dish.
While the recipe is low in fat, it doesn’t compromise on taste.
Perfectly seasoned chicken gets a golden sear, then it’s simmered in a flavorful Marsala wine sauce with tender mushrooms. The aroma is simply irresistible!
The best part? It’s a WW friendly recipe, so you can indulge guilt-free.
Serve this up with a side of steamed vegetables or a crisp, green salad to complete your dinner.
This recipe is pretty straightforward, but a couple of tips can help you take it to the next level.
Remember to let the mushrooms cook until they release their liquid – this brings out their earthy flavor.
When adding the cornstarch mixture, stir consistently to avoid lumps and achieve that velvety sauce.
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 2 Blue Plan and 5 Green Plan
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. Please consult a doctor before changing your eating habits.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Weight Watchers Italian Skillet Chicken Marsala
- Heat up olive oil in a large pan on medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms to the pan and cook until they're soft and releasing liquid, this will take about 5 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, put your chicken on a plate. Sprinkle thyme, salt, and pepper on both sides of the chicken.
- When the mushrooms are cooked, move them to the sides of the pan.
- Put the chicken in the middle of the pan and cook until it turns a golden color. This should take about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Pour Marsala wine into the pan and let it cook for 1 minute.
- Add ¾ cup of broth to the pan and let it cook, without a lid, until the chicken is soft and completely cooked. This should take about 8 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix cornstarch with the remaining ½ cup of broth.
- Pour this mixture into the pan.
- Let it cook until the sauce gets thicker, make sure to keep stirring. Also, stir the mushrooms into the liquid. This will take about 1 minute.
- Put the chicken on a plate and pour the mushroom sauce over the top to serve.
You May Also Like:
- 21 Weight Watchers Chicken and Rice Recipes
- Quick Weight Watchers Veggie Burger
- Weight Watchers Chicken Casserole Recipes
- Best Weight Watchers Salmon Recipes
- 21 Weight Watchers Chicken Stir-Fry Recipes
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!