Weight Watchers Spaghetti Pomodoro Recipe
Weight Watchers Spaghetti Pomodoro Recipe. Are you in search of a dinner option that’s both healthy and delicious? Yes? Then you’ll want to give this Italian classic a try!
It’s the perfect comfort food for pasta lovers and offers the best of both worlds – a satisfying meal that’s also good for you.
With just 226 calories per serving, you can enjoy dinner without guilt.
This meal is packed with flavor! Fresh herbs, spices, and a simple cooking process combine to make your taste buds sing.
It’s pretty easy to make, too, so you won’t have to spend hours in the kitchen.
Not only is this meal nutritious and delicious, but it’s also freezer-friendly. You can easily make a large batch and enjoy it for several meals. This is a great way to save time and have healthy, delicious dinners on hand whenever you need them.
This Italian recipe is the perfect solution for families looking for a healthy and tasty dinner option.
So if you’re looking for a family-friendly dinner option that’s both delicious and nutritious, look no further than this Italian recipe.
It’s the perfect comfort food for pasta lovers and a great way to enjoy a healthy meal that’s both satisfying and delicious.
So give it a try. You won’t regret it!
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 5 Blue Plan and 7 Green Plan
Simple Weight Watchers Spaghetti And Meatballs
Weight Watchers Spaghetti Sauce
Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Weight Watchers Spaghetti Pomodoro
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 pounds large ripe tomatoes seeded and diced
- ½ cup fat free, low sodium vegetable broth
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme stemmed
- ¼ teaspoon ground or freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 cups cooked whole-wheat spaghetti kept hot
- Start by heating a large saucepan over medium heat and melting the butter.
- Once melted, add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until softened (approx. 3 minutes).
- Next, add the tomatoes and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until they begin to break down (approx. 4 minutes).
- Pour in the broth and then stir in the basil, parsley, salt, thyme, nutmeg, and pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, very slowly for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until somewhat thickened.
- Transfer the sauce to a food processor fitted with the chopping blade and puree, working in batches if needed.
- Return the pureed sauce to the saucepan and heat over medium heat or pour into plastic containers.
- Let the sauce cool to room temperature and transfer to freezer safe container. Place in freezer.
You May Also Like:
- Weight Watchers Chicken Sausage Calzones
- Baked Weight Watchers Vegetable Wontons
- Easy Chocolate Fudge Cookies (Weight Watchers)
- Weight Watchers Beef and Potato Empanadas
- Weight Watchers Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!