Air Fryer Weight Watchers Onion Rings Recipe
Air Fryer Weight Watchers Onion Rings Recipe. If you’re looking for a healthier alternative to traditional onion rings, you’ve come to the right place!
These buttermilk onion rings are air fried to crispy perfection, making them a guilt-free snack or side dish for those following a Weight Watchers diet.
These onion rings are packed with flavor and will satisfy your cravings. The simple ingredients and easy-to-follow recipe make them a breeze to prepare.
Making onion rings doesn’t have to mean sacrificing taste for health. Our recipe uses buttermilk to create a delicious batter.
Air frying instead of deep-frying results in a lighter and healthier version of this classic snack. You won’t even miss the extra calories and fat!
This recipe is perfect for those who love onion rings but want to maintain their diet. It’s also a great option for those looking for a new option for their usual side dish.
The result is a crispy, crunchy snack that you can enjoy without guilt. So, gather the ingredients and treat yourself to the healthier alternative to traditional onion rings!
Weight Watchers Points
6 Points (2022/2023 Plan)
MyWW Points: 6 Blue Plan and 7 Green Plan
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass. The Points Glass Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares
Fun but practical! The measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Air Fryer Weight Watchers Onion Rings
- Preheat the air fryer to 370°F for 3 minutes.
- Place a sheet of wax paper on a surface and spread cornstarch evenly on top.
- In a medium bowl, beat an egg.
- Whisk in the buttermilk, flour, hot sauce, salt, and paprika until the mixture is smooth.
- Place a separate sheet of wax paper on another surface and spread panko evenly on top.
- Pick out the 20 largest onion rings and separate them. Reserve the remaining rings for future use.
- Coat 5 onion rings at a time with the cornstarch, using a fork to turn them and ensure they are evenly coated.
- Dip the coated onion rings into the batter using a different fork, letting any excess batter drip off.
- Use a clean fork to coat the onion rings with the panko, turning them until they are evenly coated.
- Place the coated onion rings in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Repeat steps 7-9 for the remaining onion rings.
- Lightly spray the air fryer basket with nonstick spray.
- Place 10 of the coated onion rings in the basket.
- Spray the onion rings again and air fry for 5 minutes.
- Turn the rings over and spray them again. Air fry until they are crispy, which should take an additional 5 minutes.
- Repeat steps 13-15 for the remaining onion rings.
You May Also Like:
- 10 Weight Watchers Hot Chocolate Recipes
- WW Quick and Easy 3 Ingredient Biscuits
- Weight Watchers Holiday Pfeffernusse Cookies
- 25 Best Weight Watchers Pasta Recipes
- Weight Watchers Roasted Chestnuts (Air Fryer)
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!