Weight Watchers Zucchini Lasagna Recipe
Weight Watchers Zucchini Lasagna Recipe with ground beef, onion, tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, oregano, basil, thyme, eggs, low fat ricotta cheese, and Mozzarella cheese..
Lasagna is a dish that nearly everyone loves. It’s hearty, filling, and comforting. But with lasagna comes all the heavy carbs in noodles and cheese. Not good for weight watchers or anyone else trying to stay on a healthy diet. The solution? Zucchini Lasagna!
A lighter version of this popular Italian dish made from zucchini instead of pasta. This recipe will satisfy your craving for lasagna without compromising your goals or eating habits!
This healthier version of the classic Italian dinner only has 261.1 calories, 16.1 carbs, and 24.5 grams of protein.
10 minute prep time.
Makes 4 servings.
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 8 Green Plan,
8 Smart Points.
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. We just like creating healthier recipe options. We do not give any advice on diet or eating habits. Please consult a doctor before changing your diet.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
If you make this recipe, comment below with what your Personal Points came to so others can see the range of points.
Weight Watchers Zucchini Lasagna
- 2½ cups (about 2 medium) zucchini
- salt for drawing water from zucchini
- ½ lb lean ground beef
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- 2 small tomatoes cup up
- 1 can (6oz) tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ cup water
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1 eggs
- ¾ cup low fat ricotta cheese
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese – low-fat divided
- 1 tsp all-purpose flour
- Using a mandolin (wearing cut-proof gloves), slice zucchini lengthwise into approx ¼ inch thick slices.
- Salt zucchini slices and place in a colander to draw out the water. Let sit approx 15 minutes. Rinse with water.
- In a saucepan, boil water, add zucchini slices, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Set aside
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- In a skillet, over medium/high heat, add ground beef and onion. Cook until beef is browned and the onion is tender.
- Using a colander, drain off fat. Return beef to skillet.
- Add in tomato paste, tomatoes, garlic, thyme, basil, water, oregano, and pepper. bring to a boil.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes or until contents are reduced to 2 cups.
- In a mixing bowl, add egg and beat. Add in ricotta cheese, flour, and half (4 ozs) of the mozzarella cheese, Mix well.
- In the baking dish, Place half of the ground beef mix and spread to an even layer.
- Layer half of the prepared zucchini slices on top of the ground beef mix
- Layer the cheese mixture on top of the zucchini
- Layer the rest of the ground beef mix on top of the cheese.
- Top with the rest of the zucchini.
- In preheated oven, bake for 30 minutes uncovered.
- Top with the remaining 4 ozs. of Mozzarella cheese and return to the oven for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
You May Also Like:
- Weight Watchers Chicken Sausage and Pasta Casserole
- Homemade Weight Watchers Chicken Pot Pie
- Weight Watchers Baked Ravioli with Marinara Sauce
- 25 Best Weight Watchers Taco Recipes for Your Next Fiesta
- 25 Best Weight Watchers Chinese Recipes
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!