Best Weight Watchers Mushroom Risotto Recipe
Best Weight Watchers Mushroom Risotto Recipe. This easy and flavorful mushroom risotto recipe is just what you need. With simple ingredients and straightforward steps, you’ll have a scrumptious dish in no time.
To make this mouthwatering mushroom risotto, you’ll need a few key ingredients: butter, rice, mushrooms, onion, broth, wine, cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper. These ingredients come together to create a creamy and savory dish that will impress your taste buds.
Mushroom risotto pairs well with a variety of main dishes, such as grilled chicken, roasted vegetables, or even a juicy steak. The creamy texture and rich flavors of the risotto perfectly complement the main course, creating a harmonious and satisfying meal.
Here are a few tips and tricks to ensure your mushroom risotto turns out perfectly.
When caramelizing the onion, make sure to cook it until it becomes brown and soft, as this will enhance the flavor of the dish.
Stirring the rice constantly while adding the broth gradually helps to release its starch and create a creamy consistency.
Be sure to taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper according to your preference.
Finally, adding the mushrooms, cheese, and parsley at the end adds an extra layer of flavor and freshness to the dish.
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 8 Blue Plan and 5 Green Plan
8 WW Freestyle Points and 5 Smart Points
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. Please consult a doctor before changing your eating habits.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
Yes, you can use Arborio rice, which is the traditional rice used for risotto. However, you can also use other short-grain rice varieties like Carnaroli or Vialone Nano.
Yes. Chicken broth can be used as a substitute for vegetable broth if you prefer.
While it’s best to enjoy risotto immediately after cooking, you can make it ahead of time and reheat it gently on the stovetop. Keep in mind that the texture may be slightly different when reheated.
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Best Weight Watchers Mushroom Risotto
- Put the broth in a medium saucepan and heat it until it starts boiling.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover the saucepan to keep the broth warm.
- Spray a large saucepan with cooking spray and heat it over medium heat.
- Add 1 teaspoon of butter to the saucepan and wait for it to melt.
- Put the onion into the saucepan and cook it while stirring until it turns brown and soft, which should take around 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms to the saucepan and cook them while stirring from time to time until they release their liquid, which should take about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine to the saucepan and wait for it to boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the liquid simmer until it reduces by half, which should take around 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the saucepan and set them aside.
- Put the remaining teaspoon of butter into the same saucepan and wait for it to melt.
- Add the rice to the saucepan and stir it to coat the grains with butter.
- Pour about ½ cup of warm broth into the saucepan with the rice and stir it to prevent the grains from sticking to the sides of the pan.
- Keep stirring until all of the broth is absorbed.
- Add another ½ cup of warm broth and repeat the stirring process.
- Continue adding broth and stirring in the same way until all of the broth is used and the rice is cooked but still slightly chewy, which should take around 18 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in the mushrooms and cheese.
- Season the dish with salt and pepper to taste and stir in the parsley.
You May Also Like:
- 21 Weight Watchers Chicken and Rice Recipes
- Quick Weight Watchers Veggie Burger
- Weight Watchers Chicken Casserole Recipes
- Best Weight Watchers Salmon Recipes
- 21 Weight Watchers Chicken Stir-Fry Recipes
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!