Best Weight Watchers Strawberry Pie Recipe
Best Weight Watchers Strawberry Pie Recipe. Diving into a scrumptious dessert shouldn’t always be a guilt-inducing experience.
This recipe emphasizes fresh ingredients, bringing together the vibrant taste of strawberries with the delightful tang of lemon zest, a harmonious blend that ensures each bite is as enjoyable as the last.
An essential part of this recipe is the use of 3 cups of freshly hulled and sliced strawberries, their natural sweetness enhanced with a moderate amount of granulated sugar.
Cranberry juice cocktail brings an unexpected flavor twist, while cornstarch aids in creating a thick, rich filling.
The pie crust, made from reduced-fat graham crackers, provides a crisp base that perfectly contrasts the luscious strawberry filling.
Topped with fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt, the pie retains a luxurious feel without the added calories. The addition of finely grated lemon zest adds a hint of citrusy freshness that elevates the overall flavor profile.
Ideal to serve as a refreshing dessert after a hearty meal, or as a sweet treat on a hot summer day, this strawberry pie is as versatile as it is delicious.
Weight Watchers Points
9 Points (2022/2023 Plan)
MyWW Points: 9 Blue Plan and 9 Green Plan
9 WW Freestyle Points and 9 WW Smart Points
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass. The Points Glass Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares
Fun but practical! The measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces.
Best Weight Watchers Strawberry Pie
- In a medium saucepan, add 3 cups of sliced strawberries, sugar, and juice.
- Use a potato masher to mash the strawberries inside the pan.
- Add cornstarch into the saucepan.
- Heat the mixture on medium-high until it starts to boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to medium-low.
- Continuously stir the mixture until it thickens, which should take about 1 minute.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow it to cool for a bit.
- Stir in the remaining sliced strawberries.
- Transfer the mixture into the pie crust.
- Allow the pie to cool slightly before covering it loosely with the plastic lid from the pie crust.
- Place the pie in the refrigerator to set, which should take at least 4 hours. Optionally, you can also freeze the pie for a short time to make slicing easier.
For the Topping:
- In a medium bowl, mix together vanilla yogurt and lemon zest until blended.
- Cut the pie into 10 equal slices.
- Garnish each slice with the yogurt topping and additional fresh strawberry slices.
You May Also Like:
- Weight Watchers Shrimp Recipes
- Cloud Eggs with Cheese and Herb
- Healthy Vegetarian Sides with WW Points
- Weight Watchers Chicken and Cheese Quesadilla
- Weight Watchers Recipes From Around The World (World Cuisine)