Easy Grilled WW Tomato Mozzarella Paninis Recipe
Easy Grilled WW Tomato Mozzarella Paninis Recipe. There’s nothing quite like a grilled panini for a quick and easy meal.
When it comes to flavor, it’s hard to beat the Italian classic combination of tomatoes and mozzarella.
It’s the perfect dish for a summer lunch, or dinner.
This vegetarian version is made with red wine vinegar, olive oil, dried oregano, salt, pepper, Italian bread, mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, baby arugula, and garlic.
What is a Panini
A panini is a hot sandwich made with grilled bread and fillings.
The bread is usually a type of Italian bread, such as ciabatta or focaccia, but any type of bread can be used. The fillings can be anything, but are typically meats, cheeses, and vegetables.
They are cooked on a grill or press, which gives the bread a crispy exterior and melts the cheese.
Paninis are a popular lunchtime food, as they are quick and easy to make.
They can also be customized to suit any taste, making them a versatile option for any meal.
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 9 Green Plan
9 WW Smart Points
Personal Points will vary based on your individual plan.
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. We just like creating healthier recipe options. We do not give any advice on diet or eating habits. Please consult a doctor before changing your diet.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
Mozzarella cheese is a type of cheese that is traditionally made from buffalo milk. However, it can also be made from cow’s milk.
The name comes from the Italian city of Naples, where this cheese was first created.
Mozzarella cheese has a soft, white flesh with a slightly chewy texture.
It is often used in pizzas and pastas, as well as in salads and sandwiches.
The flavor of mozzarella cheese can vary depending on how it is made, but it is generally mild and slightly sweet.
Arugula, also known as rocket salad or roquette, is a green leafy vegetable with a peppery flavor.
It is most commonly used in salads, but can also be added to soups, sandwiches, and pizzas.
Arugula is a good source of vitamins A and C, as well as iron and calcium.
When storing arugula, it is best to keep it in a plastic bag in the refrigerator, where it will stay fresh for up to five days.
What to serve with
Weight Watchers Microwave Potato Chips
Ready in 30 minutes.
Weight Watchers Marinated New Potato Salad
Made with celery, green onions, parsley, white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, sugar, olive oil, and garlic.
Weight Watchers Crispy Onion Rings
Crispy Baked Onion Rings with only 3 ingredients!
Weight Watchers Homemade Potato Chips
The perfect snack, or side dish.
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
If you make this recipe, comment below with what your Personal Points came to so others can see the range of points.
Easy Grilled WW Tomato Mozzarella Paninis
- 1½ teaspoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 ounces Italian bread cut into eight 1/2-inch-thick pieces
- 2 ounces fresh whole milk mozzarella cheese thinly sliced
- 1 fresh plum tomato cut into eight thin slices
- 1 cup baby arugula leaves
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 clove garlic peeled and cut in half
- Preheat a grill or a panini press
- In a small mixing bowl, add red wine vinegar, olive oil, dried oregano, salt, and fresh ground black pepper. Stir to mix well.
- Using a basting brush, brush the oil mixture on one side of each of the slices of bread.
- Layout 4 of the prepared slices of bread on a flat surface with the oiled sides up.
- On each of the 4 slices of bread, add ¼ of the mozzarella cheese, then add tomato, and then ¼ of the arugula. Place the other bread slices on top with the oil side down.
- Using non-stick cooking spray, coat both sides of the sandwich.
- On the prepared grill or panini press, place the sandwiches and using a spatula, press the sandwich down. Cook for approximately 1 to 2 minutes. Flip the sandwich, press with a spatula, and cook another 1 to 2 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove panini from the grill or press, and rub garlic on the outside of the bread.
- Serve immediately.
You May Also Like:
- Weight Watchers Chipotle Pineapple Popsicles
- Weight Watchers Grilled Greek Eggplant
- Simple Weight Watchers Lemon Pepper Tuna Salad Sandwich
- Weight Watchers Cherry and Rhubarb Crumble Dessert
- Easy Weight Watchers Grilled Herb Chicken
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!