Homemade Strawberry Sherbet (Weight Watchers) Recipe
Homemade Strawberry Sherbet (Weight Watchers) Recipe. This creamy dessert is perfect for your fresh summer strawberries.
It’s healthier than ice cream, but just as satisfying. It’s also family friendly, so you can share it, or keep it for yourself!
This homemade recipe is easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients. To make this treat, you will need water, granulated sugar, light corn syrup, salt, strawberries, lime juice, and heavy cream.
What is Sherbet
Sherbet is a type of frozen dessert that is made from milk or cream and flavored with fruit juice or syrup. The mixture is churned in an ice cream maker to create a smooth, creamy texture.
Sherbet is typically lighter and less sweet than ice cream, making it a refreshing treat on a hot summer day.
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 3 Green Plan
3 WW Smart Points
Personal Points will vary based on your individual plan.
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Don’t have an Ice Cream Machine? This is the one we use, and recommend:
Strawberries are a popular fruit that are often eaten fresh, in jams and jellies, or in pies and other desserts. The fruit is actually a member of the rose family, and its scientific name is Fragaria.
Strawberries are a good source of Vitamin C. The majority of strawberries sold in supermarkets are the cultivar ‘ fragaria x ananassa’, which was developed through a cross between two wild strawberry species.
Strawberries are typically harvested from late April to mid-June in the Northern Hemisphere, and from December to February in the Southern Hemisphere.
Granulated sugar is the most common type of sugar used in baking and cooking. It is made from refined sugar cane or sugar beets.
Granulated sugar dissolves quickly and easily, making it ideal for sweetening beverages and for use in baking recipes. It can also be used to make a variety of other sweet treats, such as candy and frosting.
While granulated sugar is often used as a sweetener, it can also help to add texture and volume to baked goods. When combined with other ingredients, like flour and butter, granulated sugar helps to create a light, fluffy texture that is perfect for cakes and cookies.
If you are making homemade ice cream, these Ice Cream Storage Containers are perfect! They are long to make scooping easier, and they take up less space in your freezer. They’re also double insulated to keep your ice cream frozen.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Weight Watchers Fresh Strawberry Sherbet
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add ice. Set aside for later.
- Place a small sized saucepan over high heat.
- In the saucepan, add water, sugar, corn syrup, and salt.
- Bring to a boil, stirring often
- Cook and stir until the sugar has fully dissolved., approximately 1 minute.
- Remove the saucepan from heat, and place the pan in the prepared bowl of ice. Let sit approximately 20 minutes, or until the mixture has cooled fully.
- In a blender, add strawberries, lime juice, and cooled mixture. Blend until smooth.
- Add heavy cream and stir to mix.
- Pour mixture into ice cream machine, and freeze following the instructions for the machine.
- Transfer to an ice cream container, or a freezer safe container.
- Place container in the freezer for approximately 2 to 3 hours, or until fully set.
You May Also Like:
- 10 Weight Watchers Hot Chocolate Recipes
- WW Quick and Easy 3 Ingredient Biscuits
- Weight Watchers Holiday Pfeffernusse Cookies
- 25 Best Weight Watchers Pasta Recipes
- Weight Watchers Roasted Chestnuts (Air Fryer)
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!