Weight Watchers Avocado and Shrimp Ceviche Recipe
Weight Watchers Avocado and Shrimp Ceviche Recipe a dish that checks all the boxes: it’s nutritious, delicious, and seriously easy to whip up.
Here’s what you’ll need: fresh shrimp and a heap of citrus fruits – lemons, limes, and oranges. This citrus trio works magic on the shrimp, giving them a tangy twist. Add to the mix tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, and a serrano or jalapeno pepper for a bit of a kick.
The finishing touch? Creamy avocado and crisp cucumber, added just before serving for the perfect balance of textures.
The great thing about this ceviche is that it’s so versatile. Serve it solo as a refreshing appetizer, or as a side to your favorite grilled dishes. If you’re thinking about drinks, a chilled white wine or a crisp beer pairs really well with it.
And here’s a tip for making this ceviche the best it can be: it’s all about marination. Let your shrimp hang out in the citrus juices for enough time to soak up all the flavor.
When it’s time to add your avocado and cucumber, do it right before serving to keep them fresh and crunchy.
Weight Watchers Points
2 Points (2022/2023 Plan)
MyWW Points: 2 Blue Plan and 5 Green Plan
2 WW Freestyle Points and 5 Smart Points
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. Please consult a doctor before changing your eating habits.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
Frequently Asked Questions
No problem, try fresh parsley or mint instead.
It’s best eaten the day it’s made, but it can keep for up to 2 days.
Sure, scallops, white fish, or octopus would work too. Just make sure it’s super fresh.
That’s up to you. The heat comes from the chili, so use less or skip it if you prefer things on the milder side.
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Weight Watchers Avocado and Shrimp Ceviche
- 2-3 lbs fresh shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 large tomatoes diced
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro diced
- 1 serrano or jalapeno pepper diced
- 8 limes squeezed
- 8 lemons squeezed
- 2 oranges (preferably sour) squeezed
- 2 large avocados diced
- 2 large cucumbers peeled and diced
- Place the shrimp into boiling water and let them cook for around 1 minute.
- After that, transfer the shrimp to a bowl of ice-cold water to cool them down quickly.
- Once the shrimp are cooled, strain them to remove any excess water.
- Use a knife to cut the shrimp into pieces that are about 1 inch in size.
- Put the shrimp pieces into a bowl.
- Add the citrus juices to the bowl with the shrimp.
- Place the shrimp in the refrigerator and marinate in the citrus juices for 2 hours.
- Chop the red onion, tomatoes, chilies, and cilantro.
- Add the chopped red onion, tomatoes, chilies, and cilantro to the bowl with the shrimp.
- Allow the mixture to marinate for an additional 2 hours.
- Cut the avocados and cucumber into small pieces.
- Just before serving, add the avocado and cucumber to the bowl.
You May Also Like:
- 21 Weight Watchers Chicken and Rice Recipes
- Quick Weight Watchers Veggie Burger
- Weight Watchers Chicken Casserole Recipes
- Best Weight Watchers Salmon Recipes
- 21 Weight Watchers Chicken Stir-Fry Recipes
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!