Weight Watchers California Style Fish Tacos Recipe
Weight Watchers California Style Fish Tacos Recipe, a delicious and satisfying meal.
Packed with wholesome ingredients and bursting with vibrant flavors, this recipe is sure to become a favorite in your kitchen.
To create these mouthwatering tacos, you’ll need a handful of ingredients that come together effortlessly. Lime juice adds a zesty tang, while chili powder and ground coriander infuse the fish with a delightful kick.
Fresh haddock takes center stage, offering a lean and protein-packed foundation for these delectable tacos. Green cabbage, scallions, red onion, and cilantro provide a refreshing crunch and vibrant colors that perfectly complement the tender fish.
Let’s not forget the corn tortillas, which provide a soft and satisfying vessel to hold all these delicious flavors.
As for serving suggestions, these fish tacos are incredibly versatile. They make a fantastic lunch or dinner option, whether you’re enjoying them on a relaxing weekend or whipping up a quick weekday meal.
Consider pairing them with a side of tangy salsa or creamy guacamole for an extra burst of flavor. For those following the WW plan, you’ll be pleased to know that these tacos are low in fat and high in protein, making them a smart choice for a well-balanced meal.
Here are a few tips and tricks to elevate your taco game even further: When microwaving the fish, be sure to vent the plastic wrap to prevent excessive moisture buildup.
Also if you’d like to add an optional touch of richness, serve the tacos alongside dressed avocado wedges. Simply squeeze fresh lime juice over the avocado and sprinkle it with salt and pepper to enhance its natural flavors.
Weight Watchers Points
2 Points (2022/2023 Plan)
MyWW Points: 2 Blue Plan and 6 Green Plan
2 WW Freestyle Points and 6 WW Smart Points
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass. The Points Glass Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares
Fun but practical! The measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! Feel free to swap haddock with your preferred white fish, such as cod or tilapia, for equally delicious results.
While corn tortillas lend an authentic and slightly sweet flavor, you can certainly use flour tortillas if you prefer their taste and texture.
Get creative with your toppings! Sliced radishes, diced tomatoes, or a drizzle of hot sauce can add an extra layer of flavor and texture to your tacos.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Weight Watchers California Style Fish Tacos
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ¾ tsp chili powder
- ¾ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 (¼ lb each) haddock or cod fillets
- 2 cups green cabbage thinly sliced
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- ½ cup red onion finely chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro coarsely chopped
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas warmed
- 1 avocado peeled and cut in 8 wedges (optional)
- ½ fresh lime, juiced (for optional avocados)
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste (optional)
- Prepare a 7×11-inch baking dish by spraying it with nonstick spray.
- In a cup, combine lime juice, oil, chili powder, ground coriander, and salt. Stir the mixture well.
- Place the fish in the baking dish, making sure it's in a single layer. Use a brush to coat the fish with the lime juice mixture.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap, leaving one corner open for venting. Microwave the fish on High for about 3 minutes, or until it's just opaque in the center.
- Use a fork to break the fish into small flakes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cabbage, scallion, onion, and cilantro.
- Take a tortilla and spread approximately 2 tablespoons of the cabbage mixture onto it. Then, add 2 tablespoons of the flaked fish and another 1 tablespoon of the cabbage mixture on top. Fold the tortilla in half.
To Serve (Optional)
- If you'd like, you can serve avocado wedges on a separate plate. Sprinkle the avocado with the juice from half a lime, as well as some salt and pepper.
You May Also Like:
- Weight Watchers Shrimp Recipes
- Cloud Eggs with Cheese and Herb
- Healthy Vegetarian Sides with WW Points
- Weight Watchers Chicken and Cheese Quesadilla
- Weight Watchers Recipes From Around The World (World Cuisine)