Weight Watchers Curried Rice and Shrimp Recipe
Weight Watchers Curried Rice and Shrimp Recipe. A delicious, spicy meal that’s made with olive oil, carrots, onion, curry powder, garlic, water, long-grain white rice, salt, pepper, shrimp, and fresh basil.
This one skillet meal is full of flavor and easy to make.
MyWW Points: 9 Green Plan,
9 Smart Points.
We have more Weight Watchers Seafood Recipes here,
and more Weight Watchers Dinner Recipes here!
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. We just like creating healthier recipe options. We do not give any advice on diet or eating habits. Please consult a doctor before changing your diet.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Weight Watchers Curried Rice and Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2½ cups water
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
- ½ cup fresh basil
- Place a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add olive oil, and heat.
- Add carrots and onions. Cook, stirring often, approximately 6 – 8 minutes, or until the onions become soft.
- Add curry powder and garlic. Stir and cook approximately 2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add water, rice, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium/low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Prepare shrimp by seasoning with ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- In the skillet, press the shrimp down into the still cooking rice.
- Cover and cook approximately 4 – 5 minutes, or until the shrimp become opaque.
- Add basil and fold in.
- Serve immediately.
You May Also Like:
- Weight Watchers Chicken Sausage Calzones
- Baked Weight Watchers Vegetable Wontons
- Easy Chocolate Fudge Cookies (Weight Watchers)
- Weight Watchers Beef and Potato Empanadas
- Weight Watchers Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!