Weight Watchers Apple and Potato Latkes with Vanilla Applesauce Recipe
The Weight Watchers Apple and Potato Latkes recipe is a great way to enjoy your favorite Hanukkah food without the guilt. Even if you’re not celebrating this holiday, these latkes are worth trying. The apple and potatoes make for a sweet and savory flavor combination that will leave you coming back for more!
Weight Watchers Apple and Potato Latkes with Vanilla Applesauce Recipe. This quick and easy recipe is ready in just 30 minutes. Made with flour, egg, kosher salt, white pepper, baking potatoes, onion, Granny Smith apple, and canola oil.
The vanilla applesauce is made with McIntosh apples, Granny Smith apples, water, vanilla bean, and lemon juice. A great side dish, breakfast, or for the traditional Hanukkah.
Can Latkes be made in an Air Fryer
Yes! We have an Air Fryer version coming soon!
What are Latkes
The latke is a potato pancake traditionally eaten during Hanukkah. It’s usually fried in oil, but can also be baked or boiled. The traditional recipe includes grated potatoes, onions, eggs and flour that are mixed together until they form a doughy consistency. The dough is then shaped into pancakes and either fried in oil on the stovetop or deep-fried in oil.
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 6 Green Plan,
6 Smart Points.
We have more Weight Watchers Apple Recipes here,
more Weight Watchers Breakfast Recipes here,
and more Weight Watchers Potato Recipes here!
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. We just like creating healthier recipe options. We do not give any advice on diet or eating habits. Please consult a doctor before changing your diet.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
What to serve with
If you’ve never had Latkes before, and want to have them with an everyday meal, here are some things that go well with Latkes.
Weight Watchers Herbed Tri-Tip
Weight Watchers Herbed Tri-Tip Recipe. This grilled beef is seasoned with garlic salt, salt, black pepper, celery salt, onion powder, dried dill, crushed dried rosemary, and paprika. The rub is the perfect mix of flavors to satisfy your palate. Prepared on your outdoor, or indoor grill so you won’t have a mess in the kitchen. A great option for dinner guests, or for you weekend meal. MyWW Points: 4 Blue Plan and 5 Green Plan, 4 WW Freestyle Points and 4 Smart Points.
Weight Watchers Balsamic Chicken Thighs
Weight Watchers Balsamic Chicken Thighs Recipe. With only 5 ingredients, this is a budget friendly, and super easy dinner. Made with skinless chicken thighs, salt, pepper, shallots, and balsamic vinegar. This one skillet meal is a family favorite in our house. Low carb and Keto friendly. MyWW Points: 5 Green Plan, 5 Smart Points. Quick and Easy dinner.
Weight Watchers Turkey Sausage With Peppers
Weight Watchers Turkey Sausage with Peppers Recipe. A quick and easy 25 minute, one skillet meal. This is a great option for a busy night. This hearty dinner is filled with Italian turkey sausage, chicken broth, onion, green, yellow, and red belll pepper, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, and dried oregano. Low carb, Low Fat, and Gluten Free. MyWW Points: 3 Green Plan, 3 Smart Points.
Weight Watchers Roasted Pork Tenderloin
Weight Watchers Roasted Pork Tenderloin Recipe with thyme, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, and olive oil. A healthy low calorie, low carb dinner with 2 WW Freestyle Points and 4 Smart Points.
Weight Watchers Crock Pot Turkey Breast
Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Turkey Breast Recipe with bacon, garlic, turkey gravy, flour, Worcestershire sauce, and dried sage. An easy weekday meal with 1 WW Freestyle point and 8 Smart Points.
Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff
Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff Recipe with boneless skinless chicken breast, fat free cream of chicken soup, non fat sour cream, and onion soup mix. An easy 4 ingredient, healthy dinner. MyWW Points: 3 Blue Plan and 7 Green Plan, 3 WW Freestyle Points and 7 Smart Points.
Weight Watchers French Toast
Weight Watchers French Toast Recipe with eggs, skim milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and sugar free maple syrup. A quick and easy classic breakfast with only 50 calories, 6 WW Freestyle Points and 3 Smart Points.
Weight Watchers Tilapia Parmesan
Weight Watchers Tilapia Parmesan Recipe – A quick and easy dinner recipe with lemon juice, butter, mayonnaise, green onions, seasoning salt, basil, and hot pepper sauce. Ready in 23 minutes. A healthy, Gluten Free, low carb meal.
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Weight Watchers Apple and Potato Latkes
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp white pepper fresh ground
- 4 baking potatoes peeled and coarsely shredded
- 1 medium onion coarsely grated
- 1 granny smith apple peeled, cored and coarsely shredded
- canola oil for frying
For the Vanilla Applesauce:
- 1 lb mcintosh apples peeled, cored, and quartered
- 1 lb granny smith apples peeled, cored, and quartered
- 1 cup water
- 1 vanilla bean split lengthwise
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- sour cream for serving
- Place paper towels on a cooling rack.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, egg, salt, and white pepper, Stir to mix well.
- Using a colander, add potatoes, onion, and apple, toss to mix.
- Squeeze the mix to dry.
- In the flour mixture, add the potato mixture. Stir to mix. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Place a large skillet over relatively high heat.
- Add enough canola oil to fry the latkes, and heat until simmering.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of potato mixture into the skillet, leaving approximately 2 inches between them, Flatten a little using a fork.
- Fry latkes approximately 2 – 3 minutes, or until the bottoms are golden brown.
- Turn heat to medium, using a spatula, flip the latkes and fry approximately 2 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown, and latkes are crispy.
- Remove latkes from skillet, and place on paper towels/cooling rack to drain.
- Add more oil to the skillet, if needed and repeat with the rest of the mixture.
For the Vanilla Applesauce
- Over medium/high heat, bring to a boil
- Cover saucepan, and cook, stirring frequently, approximately 15 minutes, or until the apples become tender.
- Remove from heat, and allow to cool.
- Remove and discard vanilla bean.
- Using a whisk, whisk until it becomes a chunky applesauce.
- Serve hot latkes with vanilla applesauce and sour cream.
You May Also Like:
- Weight Watchers Chicken Sausage Calzones
- Baked Weight Watchers Vegetable Wontons
- Easy Chocolate Fudge Cookies (Weight Watchers)
- Weight Watchers Beef and Potato Empanadas
- Weight Watchers Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!