Slow Cooker Weight Watchers Pozole Recipe
Slow Cooker Weight Watchers Pozole Recipe. This spicy slow-cooked Mexican pork dish is all about simplicity and flavor.
The recipe uses basic ingredients like pork, enchilada sauce, and hominy, along with spices and veggies such as cayenne, oregano, garlic, and onions.
Pairing options are straightforward too. A side of cornbread or a green salad works well.
This is an easy, versatile lunch or dinner that brings comfort food to your table with minimal fuss.
Weight Watchers Points
4 Points (2022/2023 Plan)
MyWW 4 Blue Plan and 7 Green Plan
4 WW Freestyle Points and 7 Smart Points
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass. The Points Glass Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares
Fun but practical! The measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces.
Don’t have a Slow Cooker? This is the one we use, and recommend:
Crock-Pot Large 8 Quart Programmable Slow Cooker with Auto Warm Setting and Cookbook
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Weight Watchers Slow-Cooker Posole
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 pound boneless pork loin roast cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) enchilada sauce
- 2 cans (15.5 oz each) white hominy drained
- 1 onion sliced
- ½ cup green chiles diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Heat canola oil in a skillet over high heat.
- Add the pork to the skillet.
- Cook and stir the pork until it's browned on all sides. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Move the browned pork to a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Pour enchilada sauce over the pork in the slow cooker.
- Add hominy, onion, chilies, garlic, cayenne pepper, and oregano on top of the meat.
- Pour in water until the slow cooker is full.
- Cover the slow cooker with its lid.
- Set the slow cooker to cook on High for 6 to 7 hours.
- Stir in cilantro and salt.
- Change the slow cooker setting to Low.
- Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
You May Also Like:
- 10 Weight Watchers Hot Chocolate Recipes
- WW Quick and Easy 3 Ingredient Biscuits
- Weight Watchers Holiday Pfeffernusse Cookies
- 25 Best Weight Watchers Pasta Recipes
- Weight Watchers Roasted Chestnuts (Air Fryer)
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!