Weight Watchers Southwestern Turkey Soup Recipe
Weight Watchers Southwestern Turkey Soup Recipe.
A tasty lunch or dinner recipe with tomatoes, green chile peppers, lime juice, garlic, onion, cumin, cayenne pepper, cilantro, avocado, and Monterey Jack Cheese.
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 4 Blue Plan and 6 Green Plan.
4 WW Freestyle Points and 6 Smart Points.
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. We just like creating healthier recipe options. We do not give any advice on diet or eating habits. Please consult a doctor before changing your diet.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
If you make this recipe, comment below with what your Personal Points came to so others can see the range of points.
Weight Watchers Southwestern Turkey Soup
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 plum or roma tomatoes chopped
- 1 can (28oz) whole peeled tomatoes
- 1½ cups cooked turkey shredded
- 1 can (4oz) green chile peppers
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 onion chopped
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp dried cilantro
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese shredded
- Over medium heat, place a large pot.
- Add vegetable broth, plum tomatoes, whole peeled tomatoes, turkey, green chiles, lime juice, garlic, and onion. Using a wooden spoon, stir to combine.
- Stir in salt, pepper, cumin, and cayenne pepper,
- Bring to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro and the avocado.
- Simmer another 15 – 20 minutes until a little thickened.
- Move to 8 soup bowls and top with Monterey Jack Cheese.
You May Also Like:
- Easy Weight Watchers Homemade Mocha
- Weight Watchers Cheesy Cheddar Broccoli Frittata
- Healthy Vegetarian Weight Watchers Kale Soup
- Weight Watchers Roasted Squash and Carrots
- Weight Watchers Chicken Fingers (and Barbecue Sauce)
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!