Weight Watchers Halibut With Spicy Vegetables Recipe
Weight Watchers Halibut with Spicy Vegetables Recipe. This hits all the right notes, balancing both flavor and nutritional value. It’s a fantastic choice for anyone aiming to incorporate more wholesome options into their dinner rotation.
Let’s talk ingredients. We’ve got halibut, a fish known for its mild taste and flaky texture, at the forefront. To spice things up, we’re marrying it with a blend of veggies like squash, mushrooms, and onion.
The kick comes from some pepper sauce, and of course, we’re tossing in the classic herbs and spices to make everything pop. These ingredients not only offer taste but also pack in essential nutrients.
Wondering what to pair it with? This dish is versatile. Think about complementing it with some whole-grain rice or a crisp green salad. You could even serve it next to a bowl of steamed asparagus for that extra oomph!
While the original recipe calls for halibut, feel free to swap it with other fish like cod or tilapia if that’s what you’ve got.
If you’re not a fan of spice, you can always tone down the pepper sauce to suit your palate.
The combination of high protein fish and nutrient-rich vegetables provides a well-rounded, satisfying experience without any of the guilt.
Weight Watchers Points
0 Points (2022/2023 Plan)
MyWW Points: 0 Blue Plan and 4 Green Plan
0 WW Freestyle Points and 4 Smart Points
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. Please consult a doctor before changing your eating habits.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Weight Watchers Halibut With Spicy Vegetables
- 1 small summer squash or zucchini halved and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- ½ onion sliced and separated into rings
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ tsp lemon zest grated
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ cup water
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 4 (4oz each) halibut steaks thawed if frozen
- 1 can (14½ oz) tomatoes cut up
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ tsp dried basil crushed
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- In a medium saucepan, add squash, mushrooms, onion, garlic, lemon zest, salt, and 1/4 cup of water.
- Turn on the heat to high to bring the mixture to a boil.
- Lower the heat, cover the pan, and let it simmer for about 4 minutes, or until the veggies are almost soft.
- Drain the water from the vegetables and place them back into the saucepan.
- In a large skillet, add chicken broth and bring it to a boil.
- Carefully place the fish into the boiling chicken broth.
- Spoon some of the broth over the fish.
- Lower the heat, cover the skillet, and let the fish simmer. Check that it flakes easily, which will take about 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2 inch of thickness.
- Use a slotted spoon to lift the fish out of the broth and place it onto individual plates.
- In another bowl, mix together tomatoes, cornstarch, basil, and pepper sauce.
- Cook and stir this new mixture for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato mixture to the saucepan with the vegetables.
- Stir gently over medium heat until the sauce gets thick and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for an additional 2 minutes.
- Spoon the finished sauce over the fish on each plate.
- Garnish with fresh basil or lemon slices
You May Also Like:
- 21 Weight Watchers Chicken and Rice Recipes
- Quick Weight Watchers Veggie Burger
- Weight Watchers Chicken Casserole Recipes
- Best Weight Watchers Salmon Recipes
- 21 Weight Watchers Chicken Stir-Fry Recipes
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!