Weight Watchers Grilled Spicy Shrimp Recipe
Weight Watchers Grilled Spicy Shrimp Recipe. Making a delicious seafood meal doesn’t have to be complicated and this shrimp dinner is the perfect example of that.
To make this dish you will need roasted red peppers, olive oil, sherry vinegar, minced garlic, kosher salt, smoked paprika, ground cumin, and fresh oregano.
This shrimp dish is highly versatile and can be paired with a variety of accompaniments. You can serve it with some grilled vegetables for a light, summer meal or alongside pasta for a more filling dinner option.
You can even top it off on a fresh salad, adding a protein-packed punch to your leafy greens.
And don’t worry if you’re not a seasoned cook. This recipe is beginner-friendly with its straightforward steps, and it’s perfect for impressing your friends and family at your next gathering.
Weight Watchers Points
1 Point (2022/2023 Plan)
MyWW Points: 1 Blue Plan and 2 Green Plan
1 WW Freestyle Points and 2 WW Smart Points
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. Please consult a doctor before changing your eating habits.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can substitute dried oregano, but fresh oregano will give the recipe a more robust flavor.
Leftover shrimp can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat gently to avoid overcooking.
Yes just make sure to fully thaw the shrimp before marinating and grilling them.
If you don’t have sherry vinegar, you can use red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar as a substitute.
Yes, you can add a dash of cayenne pepper or red chili flakes to the marinade for an extra kick.
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Weight Watchers Grilled Spicy Shrimp
- 1 cup roasted red peppers (packed in water) rinsed, drained, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon fresh oregano minced
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- pinch salt
- 2 pounds shrimp peeled, deveined
For the Dressing
- In a small food processor or blender, place the roasted red peppers, olive oil, sherry vinegar, minced garlic, kosher salt, ground black pepper, smoked paprika, ground cumin, and fresh oregano.
- Blend these ingredients until they become a smooth mixture.
- Set the blended mixture aside.
For the Shrimp
- In a large bowl, combine the second portion of olive oil, lemon juice, granulated garlic, and a pinch of salt.
- Add the peeled and deveined shrimp into the large bowl with the oil mixture.
- Mix until the shrimp are fully coated with the oil mixture.
- Allow the shrimp to marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray.
- Heat the grill or grill pan on high.
- Grill the shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side, until they become lightly charred and firm.
- Drizzle the shrimp with the blended dressing set aside earlier, and then they are ready to serve.
You May Also Like:
- 21 Weight Watchers Chicken and Rice Recipes
- Quick Weight Watchers Veggie Burger
- Weight Watchers Chicken Casserole Recipes
- Best Weight Watchers Salmon Recipes
- 21 Weight Watchers Chicken Stir-Fry Recipes
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!