Weight Watchers Lemon Muffins with Poppy Seeds Recipe
Weight Watchers Lemon Muffins with Poppy Seeds are an inviting option for those craving something fresh and tangy.
These muffins strike a wonderful balance, blending the lively flavor of lemon with the unique texture of poppy seeds.
To make these muffins, you’ll need simple, everyday ingredients: flour, sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder, salt, milk, oil, eggs, and lemon zest and juice.
There’s something special about the way these elements come together to create a delightful snack or breakfast treat.
They are great warm in the morning with a cup of tea, or served with fresh fruit as a light afternoon snack. And when it comes to dinner, they make a great addition to the dessert menu.
A quick tip for the perfect muffin: just stir until the ingredients are moistened. Over-mixing can lead to a dense texture, so keep a light hand.
Feel free to add a hint of vanilla or almond extract to add a personal touch to the recipe.
Whether you’re entertaining guests or enjoying a quiet moment alone, these muffins offer a delightful culinary experience.
With their bright flavor and easy preparation, they’re sure to become a favorite in your kitchen. Enjoy the taste and the smiles they’ll bring to those you share them with!
Weight Watchers Points
4 Points (2022/2023 Plan)
MyWW Points: 4 Blue Plan and 4 Green Plan
4 WW Freestyle Points and 4 Smart Points
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. Please consult a doctor before changing your eating habits.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Weight Watchers Lemon Muffins with Poppy Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a 24-cup mini-muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, 3⁄4 cup of sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder, and salt. Using a wire whisk, mix well.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the milk, oil, egg, egg white, and lemon zest. Using a wire whisk, mix well.
- Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture.
- Stir until the flour mixture is moistened.
- Fill the muffin cups evenly with the batter.
- Bake until the tops spring back when lightly pressed, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan on a rack.
- In a small microwavable bowl, combine the remaining 1⁄4 cup of sugar and the lemon juice.
- Microwave on High until it boils, 45 seconds to 1 minute.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Using a wooden skewer, poke 5 holes in each muffin.
- Gradually brush the lemon syrup over the muffins, letting it soak in before brushing on more syrup.
You May Also Like:
- 21 Weight Watchers Chicken and Rice Recipes
- Quick Weight Watchers Veggie Burger
- Weight Watchers Chicken Casserole Recipes
- Best Weight Watchers Salmon Recipes
- 21 Weight Watchers Chicken Stir-Fry Recipes
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!