Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Szechuan Chicken and Broccoli Recipe
Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Szechuan Chicken and Broccoli Recipe. Whether you’re an amateur in the kitchen or a seasoned chef, this recipe is a surefire way to bring a touch of Asian flair to your table.
First off, let’s chat ingredients. You’ll need some kitchen staples like boneless skinless chicken breast, bell peppers, and broccoli.
Then there’s the trinity of aromatic goodness: onion, garlic, and ginger. These add that authentic kick you’re after.
We’re not skimping on flavor either, thanks to elements like soy sauce, rice wine, and chili sauce.
Wondering what to pair this with? Think jasmine rice or whole-grain noodles.
Got some tips and tricks? You bet. Prepping your ingredients ahead of time is a game-changer. It makes the cooking process smooth and keeps your kitchen from turning into a ‘chopped’ episode.
Also, if you’re pressed for time, you can opt for pre-cut veggies—no judgment here!
So, if you’ve been stuck in a dinner rut, this recipe is your ticket out. It’s versatile, packed with nutrients.
Weight Watchers Points
3 Points (2022/2023 Plan)
MyWW Points: 3 Blue Plan and 8 Green Plan
3 WW Freestyle Points and 8 Smart Points
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. Please consult a doctor before changing your eating habits.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Szechuan Chicken And Broccoli
- 4 Shallow Serving Bowl
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1½ teaspoon Szechuan peppercorn crushed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion thickly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger peeled and minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 5 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup Chinese rice wine
- 1 medium red bell pepper thickly sliced
- 1 medium orange bell pepper thickly sliced
- 3 cups small broccoli florets
- 3 medium sliced scallions optional
- 2 sprigs fresh cilantro optional
- In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of oil over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle peppercorns over the chicken pieces.
- Dust the chicken with cornstarch
- Place the chicken in the skillet.
- Cook the chicken until it's golden, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Move the cooked chicken to a slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, heat another 2 teaspoons of oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, and ginger.
- Stir and cook until the onion is lightly browned, which should take about 6 minutes.
- Add broth to the skillet.
- Bring the broth to a boil while scraping the browned bits from the bottom.
- Move this broth mixture into the slow cooker with the chicken.
- Add soy sauce, rice wine, and chili sauce to the slow cooker. Stir to mix.
- Cover the slow cooker. Cook on the Low setting for 2 hours
- Add bell peppers to the slow cooker. Cover it again. Cook until the chicken and vegetables are tender. This takes 1–2 hours on High or 2–4 hours on Low.
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket over 1 inch of boiling water in a medium saucepan.
- Cover the saucepan. Cook the broccoli until it's crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the steamed broccoli to the chicken mixture in the slow cooker. Stir it all together.
- Divide the chicken-vegetable mixture into 4 large shallow bowls. Sprinkle with scallions and cilantro leaves.
You May Also Like:
- 21 Weight Watchers Chicken and Rice Recipes
- Quick Weight Watchers Veggie Burger
- Weight Watchers Chicken Casserole Recipes
- Best Weight Watchers Salmon Recipes
- 21 Weight Watchers Chicken Stir-Fry Recipes
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!