Weight Watchers Beef and Potato Empanadas Air Fryer Recipe
Weight Watchers Beef and Potato Empanadas Air Fryer Recipe. If you’re on the lookout for a delicious, and easy-to-make Mexican recipe, then these Empanadas are sure to be a hit.
They are packed with all the classic flavors you love, including lean beef, potatoes, and a tasty blend of spices. What’s more, this recipe uses an air fryer to create a crispy and golden brown crust that’s sure to please.
Whether you’re meal prepping for the week or just looking for a simple, yet satisfying dinner, these empanadas will fit the bill.
This zesty sauce adds a burst of flavor to the empanadas and can be whipped up in no time.
So why not give them a try? With its mouthwatering combination of flavors and simple preparation, it’s sure to become a family favorite.
Weight Watchers Points
7 Points (2022/2023 Points)
MyWW Points: 7 Blue Plan and 4 Green Plan
7 WW Freestyle Points and 4 Smart Points
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass. The Points Glass Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares
Fun but practical! The measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Weight Watchers Beef and Potato Empanadas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ pound Bulgogi strips (beef stir fry) cut into ¼-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion cut into ¼-inch, dice
- 1 medium yukon gold potatoes peeled and cut into ¼-inch, dice
- 1 large plum tomato halved, seeded, and cut into ¼-inch, dice
- 3 clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- kosher salt to taste
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 12 para empanada dough
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 2 cups fat-free salsa or Colombian hot sauce (aji picante)
- Preheat your oven to 200°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat up some oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the beef and onion to the skillet and stir until the beef is browned and the onion is softened, which should take about 5 minutes.
- Add the potato to the skillet and reduce the heat to medium. Stir everything together and cook until the potato is almost tender, which should take about 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and salt to the skillet and stir everything together.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the potato is fork-tender, which should take about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl and stir in the cilantro. Let it cool.
- Take each dough disk and add 2 tablespoons of filling along the middle. Fold the dough in half to form a half-moon shape and press the edges together to seal. Roll the edge to form a ½-inch rim and crimp it with a fork. Place the empanadas on the prepared baking sheet.
- Refrigerate the empanadas until they are cold, which should take about 30 minutes.
- Line the bottom of a 6- to 8-quart air fryer basket with parchment paper that is slightly smaller than the basket. Depending on the air fryer settings, preheat it to 360°F or 370°F for 3 minutes.
- Place 4 empanadas in the prepared basket and brush the tops with beaten egg. Air fry them for 8 minutes.
- Turn the empanadas over and brush them with egg. Air fry them until they are golden brown and firm, which should take about 6 minutes longer.
- Place the cooked empanadas on a wire rack and keep them warm in the oven. Air fry the remaining empanadas.
- Serve the warm empanadas with salsa or aji picante sauce.
You May Also Like:
- Weight Watchers Turkish Lentil Soup
- Weight Watchers Cinnamon Sweet Potato Fries
- Weight Watchers Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
- 10 Weight Watchers Hot Chocolate Recipes
- WW Quick and Easy 3 Ingredient Biscuits
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!