Weight Watchers Beef and Potato Empanadas Air Fryer Recipe
Weight Watchers Beef and Potato Empanadas Air Fryer Recipe. If you’re on the lookout for a delicious, healthier, and easy-to-make recipe, then these Empanadas are sure to be a hit.
They are packed with all the classic flavors you love, including lean beef, potatoes, and a tasty blend of spices. What’s more, this recipe uses an air fryer to create a crispy and golden brown crust that’s sure to please.
Whether you’re meal prepping for the week or just looking for a simple, yet satisfying meal, these empanadas will fit the bill.
At only 7 Weight Watchers points per empanada, they’re also a great way to keep track of your daily intake without sacrificing flavor.
This zesty sauce adds a burst of flavor to the empanadas and can be whipped up in no time.
So why not give them a try? With its mouthwatering combination of flavors and simple preparation, it’s sure to become a family favorite.
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 7 Blue Plan and 4 Green Plan
Air Fryer Weight Watchers Buffalo Chicken Empanadas
Weight Watchers Mexican Chimichangas
Weight Watchers Cheeseburger Crunch Wrap
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. We just like creating healthier recipe options. We do not give any advice on diet or eating habits. Please consult a doctor before changing your diet.
Points® are a trademark of the WW corporation, double check Points® on their official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Weight Watchers Beef and Potato Empanadas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ pound Bulgogi strips (beef stir fry) cut into ¼-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion cut into ¼-inch, dice
- 1 medium yukon gold potatoes peeled and cut into ¼-inch, dice
- 1 large plum tomato halved, seeded, and cut into ¼-inch, dice
- 3 clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- kosher salt to taste
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 12 para empanada dough
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 2 cups fat-free salsa or Colombian hot sauce (aji picante)
- Preheat your oven to 200°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat up some oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the beef and onion to the skillet and stir until the beef is browned and the onion is softened, which should take about 5 minutes.
- Add the potato to the skillet and reduce the heat to medium. Stir everything together and cook until the potato is almost tender, which should take about 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and salt to the skillet and stir everything together.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the potato is fork-tender, which should take about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl and stir in the cilantro. Let it cool.
- Take each dough disk and add 2 tablespoons of filling along the middle. Fold the dough in half to form a half-moon shape and press the edges together to seal. Roll the edge to form a ½-inch rim and crimp it with a fork. Place the empanadas on the prepared baking sheet.
- Refrigerate the empanadas until they are cold, which should take about 30 minutes.
- Line the bottom of a 6- to 8-quart air fryer basket with parchment paper that is slightly smaller than the basket. Depending on the air fryer settings, preheat it to 360°F or 370°F for 3 minutes.
- Place 4 empanadas in the prepared basket and brush the tops with beaten egg. Air fry them for 8 minutes.
- Turn the empanadas over and brush them with egg. Air fry them until they are golden brown and firm, which should take about 6 minutes longer.
- Place the cooked empanadas on a wire rack and keep them warm in the oven. Air fry the remaining empanadas.
- Serve the warm empanadas with salsa or aji picante sauce.
You May Also Like:
- Best Weight Watchers Mushroom Risotto
- Quick Weight Watchers Lemon Curd
- Simple Weight Watchers Chicken Yakitori
- Weight Watchers Blueberry Coffee Cake (Slow Cooker)
- Weight Watchers Parmesan Tilapia Fillets
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!