Weight Watchers Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce Recipe
Weight Watchers Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce Recipe. If you’re in the mood for a satisfying and flavorful pasta dish that won’t derail your healthy eating goals, this recipe is just what you need.
Featuring a delicious tomato-based sauce loaded with ground beef, vegetables, and fragrant herbs, this recipe strikes the perfect balance between hearty and healthy.
What’s more, at just 9 Points per serving, this dish is a great option for anyone following the WW program. You can enjoy pasta without feeling guilty or sacrificing taste.
It’s easy to make with simple steps that can be followed by any level of cook.
The combination of savory meat, tangy tomatoes, and aromatic herbs creates a complex flavor profile that will have you coming back for more.
With the addition of colorful vegetables like celery and carrots, you can feel good about getting a healthy dose of nutrients in every bite.
So go ahead and give this dinner a try. It’s a delicious and satisfying meal that you can feel good about serving to your family and friends.
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 9 Blue Plan and 7 Green Plan
Weight Watchers Baked Ziti
Best Bolognese Sauce (Weight Watchers)
Best Weight Watchers Italian Beef Lasagna
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. We just like creating healthier recipe options. We do not give any advice on diet or eating habits. Please consult a doctor before changing your diet.
Points® are a trademark of the WW corporation, double check Points® on their official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Weight Watchers Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 carrot peeled and finely chopped
- 1 rib celery finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 8 ounces 96% lean ground beef
- 1 can (28oz) diced tomatoes in juice
- ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- 2 fluid ounce dry red wine or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 bay leaves
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- salt to taste
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups penne pasta
- 4 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Begin by heating a large nonstick saucepan over medium heat.
- Swirl in the oil, then add the chopped onion to the pan.
- Sauté the onion for about 8 minutes or until it becomes translucent.
- Add the chopped celery, carrot, and minced garlic to the pan.
- Continue to sauté for 5 more minutes until the vegetables have wilted.
- Add the ground meat to the pan and brown it, breaking it apart with a spoon until it is no longer pink.
- Add the canned tomatoes, chopped parsley, red wine or broth, rosemary, bay leaf, salt, and pepper to the pan.
- Cook the sauce, stirring occasionally, until it starts to bubble.
- Immediately lower the heat and simmer the sauce uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about 45 minutes or until it has thickened.
- Discard the rosemary and bay leaf from the sauce.
- While the sauce simmers, cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Drain the pasta and place it in a warmed serving bowl.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the rigatoni and toss until the pasta is evenly coated.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the pasta and serve immediately.
You May Also Like:
- Best Weight Watchers Mushroom Risotto
- Quick Weight Watchers Lemon Curd
- Simple Weight Watchers Chicken Yakitori
- Weight Watchers Blueberry Coffee Cake (Slow Cooker)
- Weight Watchers Parmesan Tilapia Fillets
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!