Weight Watchers Chicken Sausage Calzones Recipe
Weight Watchers Chicken Sausage Calzones Recipe. Made with a blend of flavorful ingredients like chicken sausage, bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and cheese, these calzones are a healthier take on the classic Italian dish.
Each serving is only 7 Weight Watchers Points, making it easy to keep track of your calorie intake.
One of the best things about this recipe is the dough, which is made with a combination of flour and yogurt. This gives the dough a tender texture and a boost of protein, making it a healthier option than traditional calzone dough.
These calzones are also easy to prepare, so you can whip them up for a quick and satisfying meal any time.
Serve them with your favorite marinara sauce for a dipping sauce that perfectly complements the flavors of the filling.
Whether you’re looking for a delicious dinner or a fun and flavorful appetizer, these Weight Watchers chicken sausage calzones are sure to satisfy.
Weight Watchers Points
7 Points (2022/2023 Plan)
MyWW Points: 7 Blue Plan and 11 Green Plan
7 WW Freestyle Points and 11 Smart Points
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass. The Points Glass Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares
Fun but practical! The measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Weight Watchers Chicken Sausage Calzones
- 9 ounces cooked Italian chicken sausage chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup bell peppers thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1½ cup white self-rising flour
- 1 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 18 tablespoon shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (1 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- ¾ cup fat-free marinara sauce
- Prepare a large nonstick skillet by coating it with nonstick spray and heating it over medium heat.
- Add sausages, bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms to the skillet and stir frequently. Cook until vegetables are tender and any liquid has evaporated, which should take about 10 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and oregano, and then set aside to cool.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix 1⅓ cups of flour and yogurt together until a thick dough forms.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal balls.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons of flour onto your work surface and rolling pin.
- Roll out each dough ball to a 6-inch diameter.
- Divide the filling among the dough rounds, placing it in the center of each round.
- Top each dough round with 3 tablespoons of cheese.
- Fold over each dough round into a semicircle to enclose the calzone. Crimp the edges with a fork.
- Place the calzones on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until the dough is golden brown and cooked through, which should take about 15 minutes.
- Serve the calzones with marinara sauce for dipping.
You May Also Like:
- Weight Watchers Classic Ginger Cookies
- Weight Watchers Turkish Lentil Soup
- Weight Watchers Cinnamon Sweet Potato Fries
- Weight Watchers Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
- 10 Weight Watchers Hot Chocolate Recipes
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!