Weight Watchers Polenta Fries (Air Fryer) Recipe
Weight Watchers Polenta Fries (Air Fryer) Recipe. Polenta fries are a fantastic, unique alternative to traditional potato fries.
This versatile Italian dish is made from cornmeal and can be transformed into a fun and hearty snack.
The fries are simple to prepare with ingredients like polenta, garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, salt, and cooking spray.
Crispy on the outside, yet soft on the inside, these polenta fries have a nice heat to them due to the chili powder.
The garlic and paprika add a wonderful depth of flavor that complements the cornmeal base. Served with a side of marinara sauce, the tanginess of the tomatoes further enhances the taste profile of this dish.
One great thing about making polenta fries is the opportunity for customization. Feel free to experiment with your own blend of spices, or even add cheese for an extra level of indulgence.
Remember, the key to achieving that perfect texture is an adequately preheated air fryer and giving the fries a gentle shake during the cooking process.
So, whether you’re planning a movie night, a casual get-together, or simply craving a unique snack, these air fryer polenta fries will be a crowd pleaser.
Weight Watchers Points
3 Points (2022/2023 Plan)
MyWW Points: 3 Blue Plan and 2 Green Plan
3 WW Freestyle Points and 2 WW Smart Points
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. Please consult a doctor before changing your eating habits.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can bake them in the oven. Preheat to 400°F and bake for about 30-40 minutes or until they’re crispy.
Besides marinara sauce, you could try ranch dressing, aioli, or even a spicy ketchup.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the air fryer or oven to regain crispiness.
Yes, you can cut and season the fries in advance. Store them covered in the fridge until ready to cook.
Polenta fries work great as a side with burgers, grilled chicken, or steak. They’re also a fun addition to a tapas-style spread.
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Weight Watchers Polenta Fries (Air Fryer)
- Begin by setting your air fryer to preheat at 400°F.
- Split the polenta crosswise into two equal parts.
- Take each half and slice lengthwise into four planks.
- Using either a crinkle cutter or a sharp knife, cut these planks lengthwise again into strips, creating fry-shaped pieces.
- Place the cut polenta into a large, shallow dish.
- Apply a layer of cooking spray evenly over the polenta.
- Distribute the garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, and salt evenly over the polenta.
- Gently mix the polenta so that each fry is covered with the seasonings.
- Apply cooking spray to the air fryer basket to prevent sticking.
- Arrange the seasoned polenta fries in the prepared basket.
- Add another layer of cooking spray over the fries.
- Place the basket in the preheated air fryer. Let the fries cook until they turn crisp and brown, which should take around 20 minutes.
- Every 6 to 7 minutes, gently shake the air fryer basket to ensure all fries are evenly cooked.
- Once done, serve the crispy polenta fries with a side of marinara sauce.
You May Also Like:
- 21 Weight Watchers Chicken and Rice Recipes
- Quick Weight Watchers Veggie Burger
- Weight Watchers Chicken Casserole Recipes
- Best Weight Watchers Salmon Recipes
- 21 Weight Watchers Chicken Stir-Fry Recipes
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!