Weight Watchers Southern Green Beans Recipe
Weight Watchers Southern Green Beans Recipe. Green beans are a staple in the Southern diet, and there are endless ways to prepare them. This recipe is one of our favorites – it’s simple, delicious, and perfect for any occasion.
Whether you’re hosting a cookout or just need an easy side dish for dinner, these green beans are a great option.
Turn your vegetables into comfort food!
This delicious side dish is made with bacon, butter, onion, garlic, chicken broth, fresh green beans, new potatoes, white balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
This dish is easy to make, and the whole family will love it!
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 4 Blue Plan and 7 Green Plan
4 WW Freestyle Points and 7 Smart Points
Personal Points will vary based on your individual plan.
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass. The Points Glass Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares
Fun but practical! The measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces.
Fresh Green Beans
Green beans are a vegetable that is found in many different cuisines. They are typically eaten cooked, but can also be eaten raw. Green beans are high in fiber and protein, and are a good source of vitamins C and K.
They can be cooked in many different ways, including boiling, steaming, frying, or microwaving.
These small, round potatoes have a thin skin and are creamy and smooth on the inside. They’re perfect boiled or mashed, and you can also roast them or fry them.
What to serve with
Weight Watchers Herbed Butter Fish
Using mild white fish, butter, garlic powder, onion powder, dill weed, salt, and pepper, this meal is healthy and tasty.
Weight Watchers Butternut Squash Macaroni And Cheese
This one pot meal is quick and easy to make, and is ready in just 25 minutes.
Weight Watchers Garlic Basil Pork Chops
An easy marinated dinner made with fresh basil, garlic, fresh lime, salt, and ground black pepper.
Weight Watchers Oven-Fried Catfish
A quick and easy seafood dinner that’s healthier than fried.
Weight Watchers Blackened Chicken
This healthy meal is low fat and low carb.
Best Weight Watchers Southern Biscuits
You will need flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, butter, shortening, and buttermilk to make these tasty biscuits. There’s only a 20 minute prep time.
Weight Watchers Homemade Cornbread
This quick and easy cornbread is ready in 30 minutes.
Weight Watchers Pork Chops With Cuban Flavors
Made with lean boneless pork chops, olive oil, fresh lime juice, garlic, onion powder, ground cumin, and ground black pepper.
Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Italian Pot Roast
The perfect weeknight meal! Just throw all the ingredients in your slow cooker and let it do all the work for you.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Weight Watchers Southern Green Beans
- Line a plate with paper towels and set aside for later.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat.
- In skillet, add chopped back, and cook, stirring often. for approximately 8 – 10 minutes, or until bacon has browned.
- Transfer bacon to paper towel lined plate to drain off grease.
- Take skillet off of heat, and carefully wipe skillet with several paper towels folded to be thick enough prevent heat from getting to your hands, to remove leftover grease from skillet.
- Place the same skillet over medium/low heat.
- In the skillet, add butter and let melt.
- Add onion. Stir and cook approximately 5 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add garlic, chicken broth, green beans, potatoes, and cooked bacon. Stir to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil, turn heat to low, cover, and simmer for approximately 10 minutes, or until the green beans and potatoes become tender.
- Season with white balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
You May Also Like:
- Easy WW Friendly Philly Cheese Steak
- Ginger Pork Shiitake Dumplings (Weight Watchers)
- Weight Watchers Vegetarian Omelet
- Weight Watchers Shrimp Recipes
- Cloud Eggs with Cheese and Herb